short shifter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

short shifter

Post by mitmaks »

hey anyone has shortshifter on their mx? does it work well, install went alright? worth money?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
pelado

Re: short shifter

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG>hey anyone has shortshifter on their mx? does it work well, install went alright? worth money?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I installed a Pacesetter. NOPI had it for $55 US. The MOMO shift knob was more expensive! Install was OK, it was a good deal for the money.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
rygy2k1

Post by rygy2k1 »

I thought the pacesetter shiftknob was built right into the shifter itself? Is this true because I really want to get a short shifter and put a type-R titanium shift knob on it. Let me know man.
Mx-3SHO

Post by Mx-3SHO »

I resently installed the pacesetter shifter It was pretty simple. I love it, makes the fun to drive facter of the mx-3 even better. I got my shifter from carparts.com and it didn't come with a knob I just used the stock one.
rygy2k1

Post by rygy2k1 »

Nice I just ordered one form Nopi today...how long does it take for them to deliver it pelado? Was it a pain putting it on like most of the parts for our car or was it easy? Also does the shifter come with new bushings? Thanks.<p>[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: maxine ]
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxine:<BR><STRONG>Nice I just ordered one form Nopi today...how long does it take for them to deliver it pelado? Was it a pain putting it on like most of the parts for our car or was it easy? Also does the shifter come with new bushings? Thanks.<P>[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: maxine ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Delivery time depends on your distance from them, I guess. Mine showed up in about a week.<P>It was easy to install but that's compared to the ZE swap!! You'll have to remove your console (a pain) and you'll have to jack up the front (a pain), so I guess it is a PITA.<P>No, it doesn't come with a knob.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
rygy2k1

Post by rygy2k1 »

I have had my dash apart so many times and the damn car up in the air soo many times so it should be ok......thanks man.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”