Car Dies in Neutral!!! Please help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ghandi1981

Car Dies in Neutral!!! Please help

Post by ghandi1981 »

Anyone please help. I was driving home from work today and my engine started to make a horrible clicking sound and when i put it in neutral the engine shuts off. when i got home the car was spewing out the coolant...and it has a hard time turning on like it is outta gas...and the pickup from first is sluggish....if anyone can help i would appriciate it...thanks<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
pelado

Re: Car Dies in Neutral!!! Please help

Post by pelado »

When was the last time the timing belt was changed?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

i dont know i just bought the car in february. any other thoughts?<P>aj
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

oil was very low...added 4 quarts and everything seemed fine....clicking went away...but after the car heated up it would turn on then die in neutral...i drove it around the block and it would die at every stop sign. now when i hit the gas (in neutral) it make a clicking sound...sound like from one of the pistons or something and it keeps on dying...any info would help...is my engine worth repairing?...and if not i am going to get a ZE...<P>aj
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

Maybe your spark plugs are plug wires??? Mine died on my and had NO POWER (could make it up hills in first!)<P>it was my spark plug wires that failed me<P>good luck :cool:
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

check for tears in the intake hosing too, new one is $70 from mazda dealer
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

yea when i first got my car back in feb i had to replace the intake hose but now i think i messed up my engine b/c it had no oil in it....
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

yea when i first got my car back in feb i had to replace the intake hose but now i think i messed up my engine b/c it had no oil in it....<P>AJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”