Millenia 2.3 S engine....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaspeed002

Millenia 2.3 S engine....

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Anyone know if the 2.3 supercharged engine from teh millenia will interchange with the mx-3 or pgt/mx-6 tranny? I looked arround and couldnt find any info on it.....<P>Thanks<P>Tom
David Coleman

Re: Millenia 2.3 S engine....

Post by David Coleman »

Yeah, but how are you going to control the fuel and spark? Can't use the Millenia S ECU with a manual gearbox. And it only has 10 more HP than a KLZE, and is very sensitive and expensive.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Well, i never knew you the millenias ECU wouldnt match with a manual GB, i guess its common sense though sine the Millenia is strictly Auto. Do you think its possible to rip the supercharging system out and modify it to fit the KL or ZE engine? I know theres virtually no room under the hood, and in other posts aftermarket superchargers would have to take the place of the AC compressor. But then again anything is possible with a "little" time and money. By the way, how much does a supercharging system go for? I have never actually seen one for sale on any sites.....if you know where i could find one please let me know. Thanks and lot Dave and everyone else.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

yucky, supers are overrated!!! might be able to run one where your ac is supposed to be, I say move the battery to the back and throw in a custom turbo kit!!!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

S/C is overated to an extent but its added power without crazy a-- modification. The turbo modification from what i have read in posts and forums and from several pages, is a mixed review idea. In teh long run it seems to very very exspensive and not what i am looking to do. Turbo would be doable for me if i was swapping a 4cylinder but i wanna go 6...atleast for now i do....
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

the Millenia doesnt use a normal supercharger...you cannot take it off the millenia engine and put it on yours.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>the Millenia doesnt use a normal supercharger...you cannot take it off the millenia engine and put it on yours.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OUH!!! sounds special! What's not normal about it?
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Beique:<BR><STRONG><P>OUH!!! sounds special! What's not normal about it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <A HREF="http://www.google.com" TARGET=_blank>www.google.com</A>
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

the boost produced by the millenia charger is what helps control the miller cycle thing, i think....
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

sigh :( <BR>My parents wanted me to be a teacher but I wanted to be a mechanic, now I have to be both :( <P>There is a 2 stroke engine.<BR>There is a 4 stroke engine.<BR>There is a miller cycle engine.<P>The miller cycle engine uses a super charger in combination with extreamly radical cam timing to produce better fuel economy.<P>Bacicly on the intake stroke of the engine the intake valve opens and the piston moves down. On a regular 4 stroke engine the intake valve closes when the piston hits the bottom of the intake stroke. On a miller cycle engine the intake valve stays open as the piston starts to move up. The super charger is used to stop the air fuel mixture from comimg out of the intake valve there by giving the cylinder a pressureized air fuel charge.<P>This is just a quick summary of how it works for those of you that know nothing of this engine.<P>For those of you that do know the exact operation of this engine dont give me s--- for missing a few points or making the operation too simple.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”