BEST Exhaust System

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nicolasbeique

BEST Exhaust System

Post by nicolasbeique »

Ok guys, I know that this has been asked before but know one seems to be able to answer my questions :) or are they not happy with you welding products to your car and then giving them back :D
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Sean Mandell

Re: BEST Exhaust System

Post by Sean Mandell »

well u can't have sound and performance. I have the klze swap and soon to be supercharged and I am going with a 2.5 inch with 2.5 inch highflow cat and resonator. that is the best for crisp sound and emission purposes. it also only holds back about 1 to 2 hp.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Tman

Post by Tman »

errr...I would perfer to get custom 2 inch straight pipe done. Then get a good quality muffler. (apexi, ractive, arospeed, or whatever you perfer) . I've heard that the pacesetter catback will rust away after a couple of years. But this only my opinion.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

I heard that if you get a brullen, pacesetter, etc.. cat-back systems they are better for sound and performance because of the mendral <--? bends.
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

just get some mandrel bent piping...2.5 and a nice muffler....I would suggest a 5 zigen firball but what ever floats your boat....oh ya dont' go straight pipe and no cat it will sound like s--- and will be bad for environment...and dont' gut your cat cause it actually subtracts hp's because it creat's more turbulence in exhaust flow...not to mention it sounds like crap....ricers my think it sounds nice....
Steve

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”