I have some 1.8L V6 to 2.5L V6 swap questions.......

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaspeed002

I have some 1.8L V6 to 2.5L V6 swap questions.......

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

I've got a mazda mx-3 GS 1.8 V6. Its an auto tranny and auto sucks! I want to swap a 2.5 V6 and manual tranny into the car. I know the motor is pretty much a direct swap because of the swap infos i read, but how big of a pain will it be to swap auto to manual if at all posible. I'd appreciate any help or advice asap. I've got a few good deals lined up and need answers so i know what to do. Also, what are the advantages of the 2.5 over the 1.8 other then more HP. I cant afford a ze so i'd be putting a normal Probe GT engine in. Whats the HP on the 1.8 and whats the HP on the 2.5 stock with no mods? I know one of the advantages is mods. I know theres probally a lot more mods for the 2.5 then the 1.8. Once again i'd appreciate any info. What do you guys think i should do? <P>Thanks!!!
mazdaspeed002

Re: I have some 1.8L V6 to 2.5L V6 swap questions.......

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

One more thing, can you use teh ECU from the mx-3 when you swap to the 2.5 or will you need to swap that too? Actually, can anyone give me an exact list of everything that needs to be swapped.<P><BR>Thanks
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

<A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/swap/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/swap/</A> <P>Check there.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”