lets talk some KL03

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mattster

lets talk some KL03

Post by mattster »

ok guys got a couple quick questions... first what is meant by OBII in terms of probes and other 2.5L powered cars. second, were there any models which carryied a super/turbocharged engine. if not what are the best choices for aftermarket forced induction? finally has anyone recently done a website on their swap other than those first couple of guys on the links page... i need some fresh new info.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
pelado

Re: lets talk some KL03

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattster:<BR><STRONG>ok guys got a couple quick questions... first what is meant by OBII in terms of probes and other 2.5L powered cars. second, were there any models which carryied a super/turbocharged engine. if not what are the best choices for aftermarket forced induction? finally has anyone recently done a website on their swap other than those first couple of guys on the links page... i need some fresh new info.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>1) OBDII engine management systems require a scanner to read the malfunction codes, 96 or later.<BR>2) No turbo'd, super'd MX-3s. A Millenia S has a supercharger but it is a Miller cycle engine.<BR>3) See Forced Induction forum.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
mattster

Post by mattster »

thanks man<P>so you cant use any KL03 made in 1996 or newer?
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

I think you can still use a 96 or newer 2.5L, but you will probably have to get the ecu to match.<BR>Jeff Abrams has a supercharged 2.5L, but his is totally custom- <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mazdamaniac.com</A> :)
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattster:<BR><STRONG>thanks man<P>so you cant use any KL03 made in 1996 or newer?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You can use any KL you want. Just match VAF to the (95 or earlier) ECM/PCM/ECU that you're using (1.8 with 1.8, 2.5 with 2.5, 1.8 with ZE). It's not the mechanical side that matters in this case, it's the electronic side.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”