WHATS UP??WITH 0-60?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pcperez83

WHATS UP??WITH 0-60?

Post by pcperez83 »

The other day i took my car out on the highway with my girlfriend and i wanted to see what my 0-69 time was, acording to: <BR>our car's 0-60 time should be around 9.2 seconds but when i did the physical test with a stop watch i did 0-60 in likt 13.3 seconds? whats up with that? what could possibly reduce my speed so much?
SmokyMcGee

Re: WHATS UP??WITH 0-60?

Post by SmokyMcGee »

when I had the 1.8 engine...0-60..took so god damn long... plus my tranny was shot and whatever else was wrong with the engine.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

you have kl-ze now? but why is the caR SO SLOW it should be around 9-10 sec
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I have no explanation for the slowness of the 1.8, i never raced anyone cuz I knew any car would kick my a--. But now with the KL-ZE I can go about 50mph in 2nd gear, I would be in 4th going on 5th if I was in my 1.8
eD
Sparkle Blue
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokyMcGee:<BR><STRONG>But now with the KL-ZE I can go about 50mph in 2nd gear, I would be in 4th going on 5th if I was in my 1.8</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can hit well over 60mph in 2nd gear with my K8. You have no idea what you're talking about.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Also, car stats has a ton of misinformation. The stock MX-3 GS MTX should be around 8.5 seconds for 0-60. Using a stop watch is going to be off.
David Coleman
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokyMcGee:<BR><STRONG>I have no explanation for the slowness of the 1.8, i never raced anyone cuz I knew any car would kick my a--. But now with the KL-ZE I can go about 50mph in 2nd gear, I would be in 4th going on 5th if I was in my 1.8</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>That didnt even make sense....do you have even a clue as to how engines and transmissions work?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Im just saying compared to my 1.8.. Id be forced to change gears cuz id be redlining full throttle at 30mph in 2nd .. my k8 wasnt exactly running at peak performance like yours may be. Hitting around 50mph in 2nd gear without redling is fast for me. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<p>[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: SmokyMcGee ]
eD
Sparkle Blue
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokyMcGee:<BR><STRONG>Im just saying compared to my 1.8.. Id be forced to change gears cuz id be redlining full throttle at 30mph in 2nd .. my k8 wasnt exactly running at peak performance like yours may be. Hitting around 50mph in 2nd gear without redling is fast for me. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: SmokyMcGee ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Note for all reading the above post: It contains no factual information.
David Coleman
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokyMcGee:<BR>[QB]Im just saying compared to my 1.8.. Id be forced to change gears cuz id be redlining full throttle at 30mph in 2nd .. my k8 wasnt exactly running at peak performance like yours may be. Hitting around 50mph in 2nd gear without redling is fast for me. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What the hell are you talking about? STOP lying. There is no possible way for you to redline at 30mph in 2nd gear unless youre spinning the tires. Your engine rotates at X speed. This multiplied by the gear ratio and final drive gives you a speed. You cant explain it because it didnt happen. Dont post useless/WRONG info.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

haha i wish you guys could see my old tranny and engine in action..
eD
Sparkle Blue
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

i have no problem hitting 60 in 2nd gear. and when i g-teched my car, i couldnt get traction because it was cold out and got 0-60 in 8sec. (that was after 3 tries than we went in) to cold to grip<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
mattster

Post by mattster »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I can hit well over 60mph in 2nd gear with my K8. You have no idea what you're talking about. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> i have no problem hitting 60 in 2nd gear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hmmm... my car goes like 58 @7000 RPM are you sure you have no problem... or do you go past the redline to achieve that? cuz im feeling kinda left out here having to take third when going 0-60 :(.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I remember someone a while back saying that the mx3 gs mtx hits 60 mph in 8.2 seconds if you stay in 2nd gear ... I tried this a few times, and can reach a little over 100kmh in second...at ... oh, say 7200+ rpm...peronally I think the car loves the redline :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

30 mph in second gear is a joke!<BR>I hit about 105 km/h in second, wich is well past 60 mp/h, and trust me, I only shift once the cut off stops the reviing party! :¬(<P>where you asleep doing 30 mph tops in 2nd gear??
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”