Tranny problem on KLZE???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SmokyMcGee

Tranny problem on KLZE???

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I bought a KLZE from Street Imports...and I threw on a tranny for an extra $450. My old tranny was horrible... It would always grind into second gear.... NOW...with the new tranny from street imports it only grinds into second gear when Im at low rpms.. Did street imports once again screw me over..Or is there something else that can be changed, lubed, greased, switched or whatever to get rid of the grinding.. Please help..
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
white fish

Re: Tranny problem on KLZE???

Post by white fish »

how are you engine mounts?
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

brand new from the dealership..close to $500 dollars total
eD
Sparkle Blue
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

How is your shift linkage? Is it bent or are the bushings wore out? Having the same problem with 2 trannies points to a problem outside of the tranny and engine.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Hey man I have the same problem with me 94 1.6 and I have a couple solutions for you. The cheapest thing for you to try is putting in slick 50 manual trans fluid it has helped a couple of people. I have also know a guy that put on a stainless steal hydrolic line to replace the shitty rubber one that has also worked. The last suggestion is that your synchros is shot in second and your transmission needs to be overhauled or replaced. Hope the first two work for your sake.
Steve
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I guess street imports lied to me telling me my tranny worked fine.. but no warrenty on it.. very sneaky.<p>[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: SmokyMcGee ]
eD
Sparkle Blue
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokyMcGee:<BR>[QB]I guess street imports lied to me telling me my tranny worked fine.. but no warrenty on it.. very sneaky.<BR>QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I guess you can't read. When you replace a part and the same thing happens [2nd gear crunch], it's probably not the part you replaced that has the problem. <P>I guess you need to learn how to install parts correctly. And no flaming of any individual or company will be tolerated on this board. If you have a problem, call street imports, don't slander them on this board.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”