PRM vs K&N+port

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
A.S.

PRM vs K&N+port

Post by A.S. »

Is the PRM intake rerally worth it, or is using a K&N cone filter + a 3.5"port just as good?
hi
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: PRM vs K&N+port

Post by Custommx3 »

David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

How it feels is entirely worthless. The butt dyno is notorious for lying. Track times or more preferably dyno results are key to determining a part's worth. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>I'd go with the biggest filter element you can use and make sure it DOES NOT get hot under hood air, but some cooler air from somewhere.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The again that may be ture, but knowing a car is runing slower, and knowing a car is running faster is different from track times and such. Track times cant always prove ones worth. They could just have had a good run. I know when I put my cone on, my car was running better and was alot more responsive. If anyone would know its me, I drive it everyday. :)<P>BTW, for those who dont know, a PRM is a small cone enclosed in a tube. Thats pretty much the intake.<p>[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I definately agree that it could make you car run "better" and be "more responsive", but that cannot be equated with being more powerful or faster. Shortening the intake path will definately make the car more responsive. Look at race motors with individual throttle bodies...3" total intake length. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”