Towed Home..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
5spd_GS

Towed Home..

Post by 5spd_GS »

well people i just got my A$$ towed home.. i think my clutch blew or something.. its REAL shitty i dunno what happened...<P>1994 GS standard tranny<BR>182000 km's <BR>APPEARED to be in perfect running condition.. apparently not though<P><BR>Help..
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
back alley

Re: Towed Home..

Post by back alley »

bummer...
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Shall you give us symptoms or shall we just guess to try to help you? :D
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

hehe sorry.. i was SO tired by the time i got home and posted that hehe..<P>i just took it into Mister Transmission.. i got quoted at $375 for labour alone.. its gonna be in the shop till monday..<P>i need a new clutch, well clutch and transmission assembly, last night i was driving home and i put the clutch in to shift into fourth, got into fourth.. and the clutch never came back to me haha...<P>ah well.. it was bound to happen
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
marksoden

Post by marksoden »

Bound to happen? I have a 94GS with 165000KM on it...can I expect my clutch to fall off within the next year? I wonder what the average life expectancy is of the stock clutch...
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

I have 220,000 Klm and still running original clutch, however it does need to be replaced anytime now. I shift without using the clutch as much as possible to expand my clutch life. <BR> There are no set life spans on a clutch as there are many different factors that determing wear and tear. eg city driving, cluch ridding, number of different drivers using the clutch and the obviouse your own ability to drive standard.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”