charged battery, wont start!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onyx_ZX3

charged battery, wont start!!!!!

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

i have a new battery, charged recently due to lack of use..... and the starter truns fine but no firing over...it sounds like it wants to, but no luck....i have had some faulty disty symptoms but i was just about to change the plug wires to see if they were bad....and clues? my plug wires are almost falling apart the wires are slipping out of there boots and the caps fall off alot....would those consider to be bad? they have 150000 miles on them....what symtoms do bad wires present?<P>thanks anyone...
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???
pelado

Re: charged battery, wont start!!!!!

Post by pelado »

Yup, time for some new wires! :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Yes time for new wires, first thing to do it to get a reading with the battery in the car to see how many volts its registering (12.4 and up and ur good to go).<BR>But this doesnt' seem like ur problem, check all ur connections and pull the plugs to see if your getting any spark, then work back.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

<A HREF="http://www.nopionline.com" TARGET=_blank>www.nopionline.com</A> has some good prices on the NGK wires...i'd recommend either them or the Magnecor's
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
onyx_ZX3

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

i just ordered some plain jane wires from ebay for 30 bucks...borg warners...only 7mm but hey, it isnt a 10 or 9 second car either..... better than 124 dollars for the same damn set at the local autobangyouinthebuttwithourprice store..............
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

hmmmm..... this sounds familiar. be careful when my car did the same thing i had i towed to MAZDA and they charged me 700 dollars to replace the distributor. ouch, luckily i talked them down to 350 after i told them if they wanted 700 they could keep the car, i was only kidding, but i guess he thought i was serious.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”