Bang for your buck?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Fadedmist

Bang for your buck?

Post by Fadedmist »

Just bought a 93 GS and was wondering what you fellas thought the best performance up grade for the price was. I'm not looking to really drag race the car, but alittle bit extra is always nice. Was thinking about Better plugs, Bosch quad plugs maybe?, high tension spark plug wires, and some sort of air filter upgrade. What's the best upgrade for the money besides NO2?(alittle out of my league.)<P>Darby
Now, if I can just find the girl who bought my mx3 2 or 3 years ago....
VizualXTC

Re: Bang for your buck?

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fadedmist:<BR><STRONG>Just bought a 93 GS and was wondering what you fellas thought the best performance up grade for the price was. I'm not looking to really drag race the car, but alittle bit extra is always nice. Was thinking about Better plugs, Bosch quad plugs maybe?, high tension spark plug wires, and some sort of air filter upgrade. What's the best upgrade for the money besides NO2?(alittle out of my league.)<P>Darby</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Intake ($100-$200) maybe 10 HP crank<BR>Exhaust ($400-$700) Maybe another 10 HP<BR>Plugs ($15-$40) 1-2 HP<BR>Wires ($50-$150) 1-2 HP<BR>NO2 is only $499 for the kit plus maybe $100 for installation. It's more HP than the intake and exhaust, and costs about the same. Just something to think about. If you want serious power increase go for the KL_ZE upgrade.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”