help with a 93 se

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
brooksto

help with a 93 se

Post by brooksto »

hey everyone, Ive been looking around for a mx-3 gs for some months now. They are pretty rare where i live in virginia so my search has not been easy. Anyway, i test drove a 93 mx-3 gs special edition tonight. It had 46k miles, asking price was $5,750. So im wondering several things:<P>1. was the abs/air bag package available for the two years that the gs was offered here in the us? If so is it rare? cause im having trouble finding a gs with it.<P>2. is this package worth the search? Ive heard abs is wonderful.<P>3. The engine mad kind of clicking sound at idle. Is this normal? <P>I guess that is all. Do you think i could get any money for the leather seats? (i dont want them) Thanks for any help you could provide. Im thinking i might buy it saturday so please post any info asap. <P>Brian
brooksto

Re: help with a 93 se

Post by brooksto »

ah one more question. Has anyone tried to put an abs system on an mx-3 that did not origianlly have one? Is this even possible?
back alley

Post by back alley »

sounds like a pretty good deal to me. some of it depends on the shape the car is in. i have abs and live in a snow belt so i might have more need for it than others. what's the winter road situation by you. drive much in the rain? i don't like airbags so that's not a loss for me.<BR>the car is great to drive, much fun. so far mine has given me no trouble but i only have had it for a few months and it was in great shape when i bought it. keep reading some of the posts here and you will get a feel for what might go wrong with the car. but in my opinion it's normal used car stuff. the mazda engines seem to live on forever. i think you would be happy with the car.
Postman2K

Post by Postman2K »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brooksto:<BR><STRONG>hey everyone, Ive been looking around for a mx-3 gs for some months now. They are pretty rare where i live in virginia so my search has not been easy. Anyway, i test drove a 93 mx-3 gs special edition tonight. It had 46k miles, asking price was $5,750. So im wondering several things:<P>1. was the abs/air bag package available for the two years that the gs was offered here in the us? If so is it rare? cause im having trouble finding a gs with it.<P>2. is this package worth the search? Ive heard abs is wonderful.<P>3. The engine mad kind of clicking sound at idle. Is this normal? <P>I guess that is all. Do you think i could get any money for the leather seats? (i dont want them) Thanks for any help you could provide. Im thinking i might buy it saturday so please post any info asap. <P>Brian</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>HEY BROOKSTO!! if you plan on buying that MX-3. i have a pair of cloth seats that are in great shape, we could swap and i could throw in a little extra money to sweetin the deal. i have relatives in West Virgina, and this summer i'm planning on driving up, so i was thinking maybe we could swap seats then. i have a Digital cam. so i can take pics and send them to you. email me back if interested.<P>PostmanProductions@excite.com
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I'm in northern VA and browns mazda has 3 GS's sitting out in front of there used car lot. I dont know how many are in the back. The price seems to be good, but dont buy a car in which you notice a problem. Tell them to fix the idle noise before you buy it. I'd definitely be interested in trading seats with you. Seeing as i'm in virginia now i could drive to you too! email me at sonicxtacy02@hotmail.com if interested.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
pelado

Post by pelado »

If you want ABS, then find one with it. It would be a nightmare to swap that stuff over.<P>Air bags were not offered until '94.<P>Personally, I think the price is very high. But cars are pretty cheap in Arkansas.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”