kl03 swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mrspanky79

kl03 swap

Post by mrspanky79 »

Ok i have read all the links and pages on it and i want to ask all the people that have done the swap (not the klze) and it was there first swap what they thought about it? How long did it take and what problems did you run into? Also any tips. Im mainly looking for the stories of first timers. Its hard to get a feel for how things are going to go from people that do engine swaps or rebuilds every 2-3 months. Not to dis them if they have any tips throw them in. This will be my first engine swap and i have a week to do it in so i want to know if i can meet the deadline and what to look for.Thanks
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
white fish

Re: kl03 swap

Post by white fish »

take your time!!!!!if you rush you make mistakes and pay attention to how you remove something because its alomst like a direct swap with a couple differences but if you looked at the swap sites you know what they are<P>I used my uncles garage and tools and that made it a hole lot eazer took me 3 days but then again a hoist makes it go a lot faster<P>GOOD LUCK ;)
Mradio

Re: kl03 swap

Post by Mradio »

change the timing belt, and all that crap that's under those tim. belt covers while the engine is still out,
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”