Oh NO!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mattster

Oh NO!

Post by mattster »

Me and my dad finally got around to puting in a new clutch last weekend. Everything was going fine until we got to taking off the transaxle. Out of the 7 bolts (I think) 2 of them snapped in half. We tried desperately to get the half out. One came out just fine and we replaced it. but on the other, we accidently drilled straight though the engine block. DOH! We put in a pipe plug to seal the hole and we are going to just forget about putting a new bolt in. anyway, we talked to a mechanic and he said it would be just fine, but what do you guys thinK?? has anyone ever cracked the transaxle bolts before?? :mad:
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
pelado

Re: Oh NO!

Post by pelado »

Something that may help when removing torqued bolts is to use a hammer on the end of a breaker bar (not good for ratchets). This is preferable to trying to twist it loose by applying a lot of muscle. I seem to break fewer bolts this way.<BR>Sorry, I've never broken a transaxle bolt but just one missing probably won't make any difference.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
David Coleman

Re: Oh NO!

Post by David Coleman »

You drilled a hole in your block?<P>Impressive... :o :p
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”