jingling noise

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jrs1874

jingling noise

Post by jrs1874 »

I someone times have a jingling noise when I go over bumps like something is loose and sometimes when I go into reverse. Any ideas on what it may be. It kinda sounds like it is coming from the rear left tire area but I checked the brake caliper and all that but couldn't find anything.
Jason
Maddbuck

Re: jingling noise

Post by Maddbuck »

sounds weird. anyways coming from the word jingling, sounds like something is loose like you think. This is just an idea but try looking in the trunk and make sure the spare tire wrench is not just laying about in the well with the spare. maybe it and something else are jingling together when you hit a bump. as I said this is a shot in the dark but it may solve it or maybe not. :roll:
back alley

Post by back alley »

after my stereo & speakers were installed i could hear a sound coming from the rear of the car. i swore it was due to the install. i returned to the audio shop and insisted they take a look. the only thing they could find was a loose jack but this did not solve the problem. after weeks of driving myself crazy trying to lock down this f-ing noise...guess what it was...the rear seat was not locked on one side and moved and made noise as i drove. aaggghhhhhhh!!!!!!
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at both today.
Jason

Post by Guest »

sup man<P>if its like a metal jingling noise on the bumpo it sounds like a rear stabilizer link... replaced both on my car, 128 bucks cdn.... if u do it your self way cheaper..not a big deal..best thing is get it on a hoist and u will know right away if it is loose.. hope this helps
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

Checking the trunk out did the trick. I felt like a dumbass, thanks guys.
Jason

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”