My V6 Has Problems, Someone help please

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dj_nate

My V6 Has Problems, Someone help please

Post by dj_nate »

I have a 92 GS, about 2 weeks ago it started makin this tappin/tick noise. I few people have said its a rod and my lifters. I dont lose any horsepower I just have an annoying and loud sound. I dont know if this has to do with it, but I'm also leakin oil, but not enough that its on the ground. If someone could give me some feedback i would appreciate it. Thanks alot.<P>Nate Stevenson<BR>92 GS <BR>nstevenson@usachoice.net
precidiagirl

Re: My V6 Has Problems, Someone help please

Post by precidiagirl »

before you go replacing anything major, have it checked out by a mechanic you trust because I just had my car worked on by a great mechanic and he noticed my 94 GS had a loud tick in the engine so he checked it out. He found it was a normal thing among our cars, and while they did not do it brand new, it will not hurt anything and it is nothing to worry about. It has something to do with underneath the cam shaft ( I don't know a lot about cars). Yours may be something serious but a word to the wise is to have it checked out because it may be nothing and you don't want to replace a lot if you don't have to, good luck!! :)
Holly Ouelette

Re: My V6 Has Problems, Someone help please

Post by Guest »

I dont know how much u know about cars but the first thing i would do is to try to hear where the noist is comming frim. If it is from the top of the moter around the valve covers it is probally just a lifter tap which is verry comen for thoes moters with higher miles. if it is comming from a lower part of the moter then deffinatly have a trusted profesional mechanic look at it. i hope that helps.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”