Valve Gasket Leakage

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jspicoli

Valve Gasket Leakage

Post by jspicoli »

I just noticed a lot of oil around my spark plugs, and think the valve gasket is shot. Has anyone had this problem and is it easy to fix on your own?
RayRay

Re: Valve Gasket Leakage

Post by RayRay »

i replaced my valve cover gasket, distrib. cap and wires back in january. the valve cover job alone was about $400 usd. see if you can do it yourself, you'll probably save alot.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RayRay:<BR><STRONG>i replaced my valve cover gasket, distrib. cap and wires back in january. the valve cover job alone was about $400 usd. see if you can do it yourself, you'll probably save alot.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>$400 just for replacement of head gasket?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
back alley

Post by back alley »

i just had the front and rear valve cover gaskets changed. front cost $88.parts and lobour - rear cost $256. parts and labour. i was told the rear is more cramped and harder to access ie.more costly.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”