Stalling...........

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sweet92mx3gs

Stalling...........

Post by sweet92mx3gs »

I have a 92 GS with a 1.8L V6. I ma having a problem with it stalling when I come to a stop. Anyone know how to fix my problem.<BR>Thanx Jason
JJ

Re: Stalling...........

Post by JJ »

that happend to me too.......<BR>first they told me i had to back pressure soo i had to change the catalyic conveter and i had to change to cap & rotor which is located on the distributor.(it wasnt given off sparks or something like that) Once i got that done the car stop stalling when i was at a stop sign or light. But hope this helpz!!!<BR>peace<BR>JJ
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

My car was stalling about 2 weeks ago. It happened when I was coming to a SLOW stop or when I accelerated very slowly from a stop position. It also kinda had a kickback (jumped forward then accelerated) to it when I accelerated quickly which I had to do or the car would stall. It turned out to be the air flow meter hose on my intake. The hose was about $65.00 in Canadian dollars and I installed it myself (I'm no mechanic, so it's pretty simple). I suggest you check that hose for any cracks. If you see one, replace the hose IMMEDIATELY. Taping it with electrical tape or duct tape won't do your car any good. :cool:
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
JJ

Post by JJ »

Where exactly is this "air flow meter hose " located. I just wanna check to see if it needs to be replaced.<BR>thanx<BR>peace<BR>JJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”