No Power??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
GMGQ

No Power??

Post by GMGQ »

Recently my car has no power at all sometimes. It happens sometimes when I goto my car and turn off my alarm. After the chirps, there's no electrical power at all for the car. I insert my key to unlock the doors, and only the driver side will unlock (usually the passenger's power doorlock unlocks too). I get in, the dome light isn't on, the time isn't on. Nothing. I turn my key, nothing.<P>I've got dancing neons that are sound activated, and they actually light up when I make some noise. They're hooked up directly to the battery, so I guess the battery is fine.<P>I get power back after opening and closing my door a few times. At this point, the clock is back (at 1:00), and my deck is reset. But the car starts up fine, and the battery indicator isn't on.<P>So my guess is that maybe there's a loose wire..? But where could there be a wire that would cause <B>Everything</B> to lose power? Could something be shorting out? Loose ground...? But where? I'm 99.9% stumped... No idea whatsoever about where to start.<P>Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
GMGQ

Re: No Power??

Post by GMGQ »

Ack, this morning while I was backing up into a parking stall here at work, my left elbow bumped the driver side door. Then I suddenly lost all power! Deck shut off, engine shut off. Then 2 seconds later all these indicator lights came on (i.e. check engine). <P>I put it in park and turned down the key, then restarted, and it started again <phew, wasn't even in the stall yet!>.<P>What could be in that door that would cause this? The only extra thing I have in there is the passive crossover box for my front speakers, hooked up with the tweeter & speaker. If those leads were touching each other, could that cause a temporary short of some sort...? <P>THANKS....
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Re: No Power??

Post by Buff1110 »

check to see if your battery terminals are loose. unhook ur neons for a day or 2 then maybe check out the alarm.<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”