Exhaust Shopping

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3ADAM

Exhaust Shopping

Post by mx3ADAM »

I am looking for an exhaust sytem for my 93' mx-3, just wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on what kind of exhaust is best. :roll:
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!
liquidleo

Re: Exhaust Shopping

Post by liquidleo »

mx3ADAM,<P>I have a Monza Pacesetter which works well, but doesn't seem like it's going to last very long. The so called "corrosion-resistant aluminize steel" has started to flake off. If you want cheap, you get it.(I believe its cheaper than a stock pipe if you need a quick fix)
liquidleo /93 GS Red
mx3ADAM

Post by mx3ADAM »

i dont need a quick fix i am upgrading
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!
Esper

Post by Esper »

my suggestion is to find a nice, straight-through muffler that you like and take it to a local (not chain) exhaust shop and have them replace the piping with 2.0" stainless steel and attatch your muffler...this shouldn't cost too much and you can pick what you want it to look like. others have determined that 2" is a good size piping if you are naturally aspirated as bigger pipes decrease the velocity of the exhaust gasses and deacrease low-end torque.
Dude.
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

If you have the V6, you might consider the straight pipe. Just have the LOCAL muffler shop cut out your resonator, and voila! If you don't like it, you can always pick from other options mufflerwise later. That's how I decided I liked mine.<P>I wouldn't recommed it on a 4cyl though, you'll just get laughed at ;)
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

My setup is GREAT so far, til I buy headers!<BR>I have a 5Zigen border max 304 universal muffler. It's a straight through muffler 2.25" inlet and 2.25" outlet. I took it to my local muffler shop and he custom made me a 2.5" exhaust (again 2.5" for headers in future) and installing a Brullen 2.5" race resonator.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”