What do ya'll suggest?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JJ

What do ya'll suggest?

Post by JJ »

sup im just wondering on what type of battery i should be using. i kno u can practically use anyone but i wanna kno the "best" if ya'll kno do tell.<P>another question is well i need an exhaust and i dont kno what or which to buy. have any suggestions? thanks peace
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: What do ya'll suggest?

Post by cjthor »

For one of the best batteries around get an OPTIMA. I have one in my car and its great. No battery acid and they last a looong time. I have had one in my Jeep since 95 and its still goin strong. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:<BR><STRONG>sup im just wondering on what type of battery i should be using. i kno u can practically use anyone but i wanna kno the "best" if ya'll kno do tell.<P>another question is well i need an exhaust and i dont kno what or which to buy. have any suggestions? thanks peace</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Outofmymindyo1

Post by Outofmymindyo1 »

I have a RACTIVE muffler (exhaust in local terms) and it was inexpensive and sounds really nice. It's got a dual tip looks great and it's just really a nice sounding exhaust. It only cost me like 65 bucks. About 30 to have it installed. I had one shop tell me my car was too low for it to go on there. Another shop put it on, and it hasn't hit anything once. ;)
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

optima batteries are definately the best.<BR>Exaust wise i just got mine done and love it. 2-1/4" piping from the cat back to a flowmaster 60 series muffler with a tip. no resonater. awesome sound and great performance. any questions email me<BR>Buff1110@aol.com<P>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

When getting a battery, it's not just the brand name. Make sure you check the CCA rating (Cold Cranking Amps). The higher the CCA, the more reliable it will be during cold weather. Around 700CCA is good.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GMGQ:<BR><STRONG>When getting a battery, it's not just the brand name. Make sure you check the CCA rating (Cold Cranking Amps). The higher the CCA, the more reliable it will be during cold weather. Around 700CCA is good.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Cold weather is outlawed in Boca Raton :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
JJ

Post by JJ »

your sooooooo right!!<BR> :cool:
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:<BR><STRONG>your sooooooo right!!<BR> ;)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
JJ

Post by JJ »

yo David man,<BR> you aint got no suggestions for wut kind of exhaust would be good? ive been thinkin on either the Tsudo Muffler Mini Draggster something like that or the 3A racing muffler.<P>Vero Beach! tooo tooo hott for me!<BR>peace & thanx
precidian

Post by precidian »

I currently have a Optima yellow top battery in my car. I have had it for about 1.5 years and no problem at all. I know when I had teh old battery and left the map light on all nught, I needed a jump start.... With the Optima no worrys at all.<P> For exhaust you can change to a custom cat back pipe , but be sure to have some sort of presilencer to haelp get rid of the low end drone sound. <BR>I have the brullen muffler with a 5" tip on it and it sound really good.I have had it for 3 years now and going to change4 probably to either a 5 Zigen cannonball or a Apex'i N1.... <BR>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
JJ

Post by JJ »

thanx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”