Maybe buying a GS...have questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jbet

Maybe buying a GS...have questions

Post by jbet »

Hi, my girlfriend is looking at a 94 GS w/46k miles on it. It has everything you could get from the factory and is priced at $6800. First question, is that a good price? Second question, it's an auto and to me it seemed to hesitate when you tried to really get on the gas, is that normal for the auto's? Final question, is there any problems that are common to these cars? It has to be reliable because it will be her daily driver for a while. What kind of miles does everyone have on their cars? Sorry for all the questions, I figured this was the best place to ask. Thanks for the help, I look forward to hopefully spending more time here.
92RedGS

Re: Maybe buying a GS...have questions

Post by 92RedGS »

that sound like a pretty good car the price sounds a little high but thats most likely because of the low miles on it, the condition, and where your buying it from. I bought mine for $2500. Its at the 165k mile mark and the only problem i'v had with it is the distributer going out on it. Otherwise it has been very good to me but as with any car use comon sense before buying it get a carfax report on it and take it for a long test drive to make sure everything looks and sounds ok.
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

CV Joints and whatnot seem like a very common problem. Also, I had an auto and had to rebuild the trans at 40k miles, cost $1,200. Not that its a common problem but just happened to me.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I bought my '94 GS last summer for $6,000 USD...with 39k on it...perfect condition...<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”