HELP ME PLEASE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
raidermaniac

HELP ME PLEASE

Post by raidermaniac »

i blew the engine in my 94 mx3 gs,so i bought another engine out of a 92 gs,when i tried to start it there was no fire so figuring it was distributor i took distributor from 94 and put it on 92 engine turned the key and it started immediately.the engine was running rough and only firing on some cylinders,so i phoned mazda dealer who told me the distributors are different and i need to put a distributor from a 92,so i bought a rebuilt distributor for 500$ which i cant return and put it on and no fire,is it possible this distributor is no good either? or could it be something else to do with changing to different year of engine?
all i ask is that morgan die in a car crash
SE-Man

Re: HELP ME PLEASE

Post by SE-Man »

Well, thier is two differnt types of distributor for the GS model. They guy at NAPA told me that the differance is in the gear, one type of GS has a slight bigger crank (like 3mm) and from what he told me is that the bigger one will not fit on in the space desined for the smaller one, and the smaller one will not run properly in the larger's space. But you do have options.... one you replace the old one but change out the ignition modual, rotor and cap. Or go to NAPA with your VIN# and buy a new one for $150. ($500!!! you were robed!! a new one at Mazda only costs $450)<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
SE-Man

Re: HELP ME PLEASE

Post by SE-Man »

Opps, sorry, didn't realize you were talking canadian $$.<BR>You will need the VIN of the car you took the distributor out of...<BR>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE<p>[This message has been edited by SE-Man (edited August 06, 2001).]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”