Cut Outs

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SE-Man

Cut Outs

Post by SE-Man »

A friend of mine with a probe ordered this Cut out thing, he then wrecked his probe before installing it. I is a peace of pipe that Ys and has a selecter lever on it for the exaustpipe. Once Instaled it has a pull handle installed in the car for free flow or normal exaust. He gave this to me and said it would work better that a sport exaust, but is not street legal to have it open. Dose anyone have one of these? If so dose it do any good? The box says its for a probe or MX-3 and give the power of a straight pipe on demand. <P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
Bri94GS

Re: Cut Outs

Post by Bri94GS »

Is it one of those cutouts that goes between your exhaust manifold and cat?? I wouldn't recommend one unless you have a turbocharged car, or some really big cams. No backpressure = bye-bye torque. <P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS<P>They're also illegal and if you get randomly pulled over for a smog test, you get a REALLY big fine. Most places won't even install it for you. <p>[This message has been edited by Bri94GS (edited July 18, 2001).]
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

That's a cool toy ya got there! Image<P>My idea was to wire one of those to be remotely controlled by a servo, so you could adjust backpressure from the cabin...<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Well with the Ft. Lewis Post decal most cops off post can't smog us, and most likey won't cuz i'm smog exempt, and the MPs just don't care. But they really work good with tubos, cuz i wanted to put one of those on too.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”