Test Driving a MX-3 Tonight...help

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Lover

Test Driving a MX-3 Tonight...help

Post by MX-3 Lover »

Hey Guy's/Gals,
I'm going to test drive a 1992 Mazda mx-3 GS 6cyl tonight....loaded....just wondering what I should look out for?(problem Areas)? <p> I'd like to throw an intake on if I get it. I've seen those adapters on e-bay with the cone and the metal adapter piece, has anyone used this before? Funds are a little tight if I buy this car..... Any help would be appreciated...<p>Note: comes with 2 sets of rims...aftermarket and stock..6disck changer etc....I'll post some pics tonight (it's my bosses car so he's letting me have it for the night)
Thanks alot everyone....
Mat
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Test Driving a MX-3 Tonight...help

Post by Custommx3 »

The adapter is for a 92-93 SOHC. you wont need it. <p>As far as parts.
commin issues I have seen over the years,,,,<p>Axles
Distributor
Water pump

Mileage?
MX-3 Lover

Re: Test Driving a MX-3 Tonight...help

Post by MX-3 Lover »

290,000km's on 2 engines....200,000km's on second one...water pump and t-belt were done by mazda last summer...just had it tuned up..new clutch (I think)...I'll find out in about 1/2 an hour and I'll post some pics.....also wear in the back seat that has never been sat in...the bum part has split on the drivers side back seat...I know it was common...I'll fix that though!<p>Thanks..
p.s: so I wont need that adapter, just a K&N cone will fit that with a clamp??<p>Thanks again..
Mat

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”