Welcome to the V6 forum!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
David Coleman

Welcome to the V6 forum!

Post by David Coleman »

I'm very glad to have this forum opened to the public. I no longer have to be the bad guy in the For sale forum closing what would be good technical discussions. I or one of the other knowledgable members of this board will try to answer your questions as best as possible. So post away and get some good stuff going!<P>David Coleman<BR>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE<BR><B><I>Moderator</I> of this Forum</B><BR>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
dj_nate

Re: Welcome to the V6 forum!

Post by dj_nate »

Whats up man? I was wondering where I could find and air intake for our type of cars. I have the 1.8 I tried emailing HKS but I got no reply. write back later man.<P>Nate<BR>1992 MX-3 GS
white fish

Post by white fish »

You can try weapon R<BR>or PRM They both make them for the 1.8
white fish

Post by white fish »

1844cc<BR>city=37mpg<BR>hyway=26mpg<BR>hp=128<BR>tq=115<BR>compress=9.2:1<P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

the 1.8 gets 37 mpg on the highway??<P>------------------<BR>
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RhodesG:<BR><B>Thanks Whitefish. I am sure you meant 26mpg= City. 37mpg = Hwy.<P>I am new to this site. I will take time to read the various thread. This is obvious a great piece of engineering design, V6 to curb weight of a car. <P>I would guess that the MX-3 V6 enthusiasts here favor this car's positives over the Honda Civic's EX's and Accords, ...VTEC's.<P>Any threads that talk about complaints on the gear box? and suggestions? -Rhodes.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>A stock GS will take any civic or accord except the 99-2000 Civic Si [B16 160hp]. <P>The G25M-R is a decent tranny. Will hold up to 280bhp if you're gentle. It will blow with less than 150bhp if you're not *cough*me*cough*. <P>I usually get around 290-320 miles per tank. So I guess that's pretty close to 27-31mpg, mostly city. <P>Welcome Rhodes! It's great to see new enthusiasts in the MX-3 community!<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Ahh yes, I have yet again slipped into my habits of not finishing my sentences.<P>It was supposed to read:<BR><B>Will blow with less than 150bhp if you're not a <I>gentle shifter</I>*cough*me*cough*.</B><P>Basically, I blew my gearbox from speedshifting. My 3/4 shifter fork broke so it couldn't be pulled out of 3rd. That was 99% directly related to banging into 4th. I dont have tons of power [140bhp would suprise me], it was just rough treatment of the gearbox. No more 7800RPM WOT shifting on the street for me!<BR><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
game1520

Post by game1520 »

<B><I>For sale ads should be posted in the For sale forum<P>Thank you,<P>The Mgmt</B><BR></I><p>[This message has been edited by David Coleman (edited June 25, 2001).]
game1520

Post by game1520 »

my mx-3 wont start, everything is hooked up to my car but it wont start i have checked the starter, battery, and the alternator.<BR>does anyone know y my car wont start?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by game1520:<BR><B>my mx-3 wont start, everything is hooked up to my car but it wont start i have checked the starter, battery, and the alternator.<BR>does anyone know y my car wont start?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This does not belong in this topic. If you have a tech issue, I and many others on this board will be more than happy to answer it, but in a new topic. Click the "post new topic" button on the top right hand of your screen. Then type a good, descriptive title and a clear description of you troubles.<BR>Hope this helps.<P><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
92mx3gsv6

Post by 92mx3gsv6 »

my 92 mx-3 gs v-6 is overheating, i have replaced the water pump, thermosta, radiator caps, and hoses, ne suggestions??
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

read my above post<P>This disturbs me... Image Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”