popping noise from all 4 speakers?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
xXx_OTEP_xXx

popping noise from all 4 speakers?

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

Whats up guys, I have an Alpine 9807 mp3/cd head unit in my car and recently whenever I have my cd player on (cd, mp3, or radio), my speakers are making a popping noise. It pops like every 1 second, like it is popping at set intervals on a schedule or something..

normally i would just think i blew a speaker but its coming from ALL 4 speakers..

I have an amp and subs in my car but the subs are not in the car right now.. i doubt it will make a difference but i'll put them back in and see if it makes any difference

other than that, any ideas?

Oh yeah, also, no matter what volume i have it at, the popping noise is the same volume.. if i turn it way up i can barely hear it anymore..
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
pipes

Re: popping noise from all 4 speakers?

Post by pipes »

dude you have a bad earth, Re wire it again..
Oh yeah, check your polarities as well.
There is nothing wrong with your speakers it is a power issue, hence why your volume does not have any effect.
I would actually take a stab and say that your deck is not earthed, check it out, I once forgot to earth it (ie: connect the black wire to the chassis) and it was doing exactly that.. the reason you are still getting dound is that your deck is prob. finding an alternative earth route.. through your antenna or stereo housing.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”