PC project Stage 2

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

PC project Stage 2

Post by Mnemonic »

Image<p>ok so the main mold is done, next i need to get some of that liquid resin to fill in all the imprefections and go over nicely, we have been using that jelly kind (i dont recomend it) I have also relocated my Cd player to where the ashtray was and im going to put some fiberglass strips across to make it flush and even and also to get rid of the gaps, but all in all its moving along nicely.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
BumpNGlow

Re: PC project Stage 2

Post by BumpNGlow »

can you still load a CD in that though?? Looks like you have to be in 2 or 4th gear to load one.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

it looks that way but since its angled a bit it works great i can be in 1st 3rd or 5th and do the entire cd swap with out having to worry
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Looks awesome bro. Only one suggestion I have for you. Instead of using liquid resin to 'smooth' the imperfections, remember that when resin dries it becomes VERY brittle. That's the reason the fiberglass is there, to give it a little more strength. If you leave your car where the resin is in direct sunlight, it is very prone to cracking. What I would suggest is get some bondo to fill in all the concaves. Then put fiberglass cloth over it to give a smooth finish. I'd hate for you to put all this work into a project to have it crack ya know? All in all, it's coming together quite nicly :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea we are filling in the gabs between the cd player with fiberglass and we are gonna more than likely do the surface around the screen

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”