Amp / Sub Recommendations

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Andrew_Pakula

Amp / Sub Recommendations

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I am going to be buying a new 2-channel amp and 12" subwoofer.<p>Can anyone give me some recommendations for the amp especially, I want something good but not too expensive. The amp I want to spend under $200cdn if possible.
jdogsd1

Re: Amp / Sub Recommendations

Post by jdogsd1 »

hay well i dont know what type of head unit you have but i got a great set up with my sound systemmy sound systemi would go with the alpine MRP-T220 its great gives you 220 watts and powers a sub nicely. i was able to get mine for $115 but i think the normal price is like $175 also its more expensive but take a look at the eclips amps i was loking at then and there realy nice.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

The deck I have(its not installed yet but will be next week) is a Pioneer Premier DEH-P930.<p>Pioneer Premier DEH-P930 specs/picture<p>I will be powering one 12" sub.<p>Would a cheap amp like this one be ok?
Sony XM222W 2-Channel Car Amplifier<p>Or will that not be enough?
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Goto www.hypaudio.com and get:<p>$190 JBL 600.1 Amp( 300wattsx1 @ 4ohms & 600watts x1 @ 2 ohms)
$150 Infinty Perfect SVC Sub<p>Goto www.millionbuy.com and get:<p>$30 4 gauge wiring kit. Has everything you need...<p>
So for about $380 you'll have a very nice setup...
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

hay i realy dont know how well the sonys work but i have herd from a friend that knows one of the guy st sonny and the guy said that soney amps are crap. if you got a alpine deck then i would definatly go with the alpine amp i told u about earlyer
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jdogsd1:
hay i realy dont know how well the sonys work but i have herd from a friend that knows one of the guy st sonny and the guy said that soney amps are crap. <hr></blockquote><p>well I dunno about that...I'm using the very amp pictured above to power my MTX Audio Thunder 6000 sub and it thumps pretty hard. I got the amp for $50 brand new at a boxing day sale so I bought it cuz the price was good and not because of any brand preferrence. So far I have no complaints and I doubt you will either. If you want to spend less than 200 Can than this is the amp for you. The Sony 222 is perfect for anything up to a max of 500W I'd say.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

That amp is not good for anything up to 500 watts. You are lucky if it is good for pushing 200 watts. That, however, is not the issue. If you are going for ground shaking bass, that amp wont do. If you want to add a little spice to your music, that amp will be perfect for your 12. The good thing about the mx-3 is the hatch is great for music set ups. Most cars have trunks that totally close off the sub, hence, taking away from the sound. With a hatch, we can have a sub and amp combo that isnt that great and still have pretty good sound, especially if you put the rear seat down.<p>[ June 08, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I stand by my previous statements. My sub is a 500W 10", and every time it thumps it's like being kicked in the ribs. I wouldn't enter any db comps (but I could care less about that anyway) but my setup is ideal..........for me. Big sound in a small space.
I do however fully agree that the MX3 hatch suits this setup very well. If it were a fully enclosed trunk I wouldn't get the bass like I do now. Incidently the quality of the sub you use plays a big part. But the original post in this thread was to buy a good small amp for under $200 Can. The sony 222W "is" such an amp. Even I would prefer a different amp but for $50 I got a good bargain.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Darren, your system could be better. If you ditch the mtx 6000 and get the 8000 you will notice a huge difference. My ex had a 6000 and i had an 8000 with similar power input and mine sounded ten times better.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darren Hyderman:
I stand by my previous statements. I wouldn't enter any db comps (but I could care less about that anyway) but my setup is ideal..........for me.
<hr></blockquote>

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”