Dynomat in Mx-3

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
henz94

Dynomat in Mx-3

Post by henz94 »

Has anyone used Dynomat in their trunk? That seems to be the only place i am getting a rattle. How much did this cost you, or has anyone used anything similar with the same results as the pricy dynomat.
Thanks
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Dynomat in Mx-3

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

there's hundreds of different types of sound deadening material out on the market. They way i see it different kinds work for different types of rattles. The first thing you should do when you wanna get rid of rattles is find out where its happening and check to see if you cant just tighten/remove etc. If you determine at that time that you need the deadener, i'd suggest dynomat for most scenarios. You can buy it for lots cheaper on ebay than at major stores.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I put dynamat in my hatch. I have yet to finish my install though so i dont know how well the dynamat works. When i had it installed the first time, the bass would rattle the rear of the car. For example, if you stand outside the car and look at the back, you can see the sheet metal of the car flex in and out. It was pretty easy installing the dynamat, i just removed the very rear plastic interior piece, which took probaly 5 minutes, and then put a 30 dollar strip there. You can buy it cheaper online but i was bored so i decided to go out and buy some from a local store and install it. I will have the install complete this friday so i will be able to tell if the dynamat really is worth it. I'll let ya know.<p>[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
sheller

Post by sheller »

Go to McMaster-Carr Supply (http://www.mcmaster.com I believe). Get their Polymeric Mastic (item #9709T19). It is pretty much the same stuff as Dynamat without the logo all over it. The big difference...price. It cost $14.62 for a 32"x54" piece which is a heck of a lot cheaper than dynamat. I've used 3 sheets in a bug and it really quieted things down. I have one sheet in my MX-3 now and it does help. In fact, I just ordered 2 more sheets. :)
Steve
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

Lightning Audio, Rockford Fosgate, and just about every other brand has their own type out. Dynamat was among the first and is the most well known.<p>Cheaper alternatives
raammat: www.raamaudio.com
eDead: www.edesignaudio.com
Second Skin (I was/am a beta tester and I've never heard/seen about it since so I don't know how good it is -- :( I never put it in)
Brownbread
etc.<p>If I went w/ any of them I'd probably go w/ Raammat or eDead (Ben over at eD is an AWESOME guy and that's the main reason I'd try that)
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

there is an even cheaper place the mcCarr is it? i can't remember the name i'll post it up later for all yall.<p>K here is the site <p>Partsexpress.com<p>they have the great sound deadening material for realy cheap, and works just as well if not better than dynomat. with dynomat all you pay for is the name. rip off i say, well i hope this helps you<p>[ April 09, 2003: Message edited by: z_x71 ]</p>
Keep smiling, It keeps people wondering what you are doing!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

mcmaster.com is cheaper than parts express. I did a little bit of research, and found some interesting facts...the mcmaster.com sound deadening material is the same thickness (.07) as Dyna-mat's base product, yet it cost much much less. I just ordered two sheets from mcmaster.com for like 35 dollars which covered shipping and everything. Keep in mind, they are 32 inches by 54 inches. I will let you all know what i think of the product when i get it and install in on either Friday or Sunday.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

hey BumpNGlow, U still got the second skin stuff? If u aren't using it would u sell it?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Absath

Post by Absath »

i bought 2 sheets from mcmaster, and padded my entire trunk. i opened up the speaker wells, and padded the metal where the wheel well is. then i filled that area with insulation, and custom mounted some 6x8 pioneer speakers i had.<p>i then matted the entire trunk and wheel well. had most of a sheet left over, so i padded all under my back seat. i still have some left, and am going to do my doors next, but i've got to wait. each of my doors has some dents and dings that im going to have the body shop take care of, and i want them to do that before i pad them up.<p>overall, from what i can tell, there's a lot less road noise coming from the rear of my car.<p>-Abs
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Talon_66:
hey BumpNGlow, U still got the second skin stuff? If u aren't using it would u sell it?<hr></blockquote><p>yes, I still have it, but no, I probably won't sell it. I want to do my doors one of these days and I NEED to use it.... just need some free time.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”