my driver lock is messed up

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
saiyajin

my driver lock is messed up

Post by saiyajin »

Hey all I have a 93 mx'3 and when I try and lock the doors from the inside it never locks, so I used to always lock it with the key, now the driver side lock wont turn to lock, does any1 know what I can do aside from buying a new locking mechanism?<p>Ash
whinypunk

Re: my driver lock is messed up

Post by whinypunk »

yeah i hope you know that you have to lock it from the inside and then when you close the door from the outside hold the handle up. didn;t ya know that? lol
saiyajin

Post by saiyajin »

Up until a week ago I just normally locked it with a key, no lefting nothing thats why? Yo I am sorry, I mean I love my mx3, I can make sick turns and findign dope parking, but its one of the gehttoest ****in cars ever made. I mena it shakes rattles, amkes wacky *** noises and u need to knwo stupid tricks for the car, like the door handle thing, anyway that is just me venting...
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. So I'm supposed to hold the handle up as I close the door eh? Hmmm...weird.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

yea i used to lock it from the outside every time too up until ike 5 monthes ago theni just figured it out one day. so now ebvery time someones driving with me i have to make sure to tell them how to lock their door
marksoden

Post by marksoden »

The holding the handle up makes you think before you close the door. Twice I've been saved when I just slammed her shut with my keys still in the ignition...but thankfully the door didn't lock.
Also, the keyhole on all my doors is fudged up. Hatch went first...I'll break a key off in there one of these days. I'm sure what to do about it has been posted here more than five times...so it's prob a good idea to do a search for it.
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

It might be a good idea to take ur door panel off and check all of the metal rods that connect the door locking/handle mechanism. There are small plastic guides these must sit in to function properly, and occasionally they pop out. Also, check all of the connections at the end of each rod, they connect with little plastic deals and u all know when plastic gets old it tends to weaken and may break or loosen up enough for the rods to fall out.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”