install HELP... PLEEZE....

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Moe_maX

install HELP... PLEEZE....

Post by Moe_maX »

i hard wired my new deck... I have done this before but this time when i hooked it all up it worked fine but would reset every time i pressed on the brake... i don't know why this is happening... it has never done this before...i checked each wire and they all are connected fine... pleeze help... i can't take another day with no toons... <p>thanx again...
Moe_maX :shrug:
Len-Dogg

Re: install HELP... PLEEZE....

Post by Len-Dogg »

Dang dude. Well, check the obvious, which is that there is a wire behind the brake somewhere and when you hit it, you are pulling the wire. If not, then check and make sure that you have your radio grounded properly. It sounds to me like you are shorting it out somehow (although I don't know how), and this would be a case of not having it grounded properly.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

do u have a gs? i dunno i used a wiring harness to do mine but it worked perfect in my rs but in my gs the same cd player with exact same wires won't work unless the deck is pushed all the way in. i norm like it out when i get done the wires and turn it on to make sure it works. when i couldn't figure out why it didn't work i put it in and it worked pulled it out it didn't and so on and then checked everything and it was fine . i dunno why all connections are good. i have checked a million times so i dunno whats wrong in ur case but play with it in ur driveway or garage. please let me know what happens though.
Moe_maX

Post by Moe_maX »

thanx for the replys... i have checked the ground and it is grounded out like its supposed to be... and there is another thing really bugging me... i can get the deck to work only when the car is started... it will not turn on with the key turned half way (accessory) i am not impressed... thank you again for your replys...
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

is the deck wired with a wire harness or is it hard wired ie cut and spliced wires. also how are the wires connected tape, connectores or soldered. you should check where the wire harness goes under the dash, might be hooked on a moving part or a wire might be rubbing on a peice of metal and shorting out. only other thing might be powers are reversed but never heard or had this problem when installing stereo systems. hope this helps. just installed my pioneer 6400 cd player tonight :) i sure missed it.
1993 White gs klze.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

It sounds to me like you have your wires mixed up. Meaning, your power and accesory wires. I dont know if that is all of your problem, but i think its part of it. Make sure you hook the blue wire with a red stripe to your accesory wire(yellow), and hook your blue wire with the black stripe to your constant power(red). I am going off of memory here, but im pretty sure thinking why the heck didnt mazda have the blue wire with the red stripe hook onto the red wire!??!
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Moe_maX

Post by Moe_maX »

thank you guys so much... i had the constant power wire and the power wire crossed... i think i was color blind at the time i installed it... i do agree "what was mazda thinking"... its working great now... thanx again<p>
Moe_maX :D :D :D

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”