hatch cover on or off...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
marius

hatch cover on or off...

Post by marius »

I find that with the hatch cover on, my sub produces a deeper sound than with it off. Is this so, or am I just imagining this?
VizualXTC

Re: hatch cover on or off...

Post by VizualXTC »

The only difference I hear with the cover on is the rattling sound it makes :shrug:
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

it shouldn't make a dif as far as the deepness goes but it might be slightly louder with it off
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

In my opinion take the damn thing off put some neons and light up ur system for ppl to c, and once u park and not using ur car put it on so ppl dont steal it. And if there is a rattling noise comming from it the take it off, cuz rattling sucks, i dont have an amp to my subs yet so i cant speak from experience, but just make sure the subs are pointing to the back of the car.
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I partially agree with you. Take the cover off and leave it off. It would be too much hassle putting it in your back seat when you are driving, putting it back on when you park, blah blah just sell it and buy an alarm!! Yes, fire the subs to the back of the car. I have no proof, but ive experimented and with my set up(this may not be the case for every box/sub combo), it sounds the loudest/deepest with the port and sub facing backwards.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

fire all up or all back
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

sub up port back... that's what I tell everyone. Its what gets the loudest :D !
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

yeah that to i forgot

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”