PioneerIMPP

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

PioneerIMPP

Post by mitmaks »

hey guys i heard from one guy that u can run subs at ur house if u have adapter from 120V to 12V, said id be able to run amp that way. Then another question what power i need to power my 2 12" Pioneer IMPP's theyre nominal is 150W each and 450W max
thanks guys
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Re: PioneerIMPP

Post by Custommx3 »

Your not going to run these on your hom receiever are you. If they arent 4ohm speakers and a 4 ohm reciever, you could burn some stuff up.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

well for fact i ran sub connected to my 30w or so home stereo lol and it worked there was no bass of course, but idea is that i guess its gonna work if i connect power supply adapter to amp and connect stereo to amp to run subs and idont think i would burn something. but my main concern is which amp i need for those subs
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Barry is right. I'd bet you don't know what impedence your reciever is set to run, and that it doesn't have a selector or a safety for if you hook up the wrong stuff. In short, if you run the wrong stuff long enough, you will burn it up. I've seen people do what you're wanting and have things work out great, but they had the right stuff to start with. I don't understand your question anyways tho. What amp to use?? You stated what your subs need, go read some basic car stereo stuff and figure it out. ;)
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

in order to find a power supply that will be big enough to run your amp, you will need a fairly expensive one. You can also look into buying home amplifiers that are external from your receiver. They are a little cheaper than the power supply would in most cases. (partsexpress.com has some I believe, and Radio Shack has some decent power supplies)<p>Also, the other option would be use a car battery(or 2) and hook a battery charger up to it at all times. As long as you aren't throwing a party w/ the music up full tilt you should have juice. The battery charger won't be able to keep up with the current draw of the amp, but during parts of movies/music when there isn't much bass it would try to catch up.<p>If you are really intersted in doing this I might be ablet o get you more info. I plan on running a pair of Adire Shivas in my dorm room next year, so I have been looking into this stuff a little.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

thanks guys but my question is which amp should i get for my subs, forget other stuff, i just need to know which amp i need for those two subs. would 300x2 be enough or not or will it be too much for my subs
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

One who's output is rated at the same RMS as the speakers. The is the best hones answer. As for model I can check if you tell me the brand. Als for home reciever. Hook the two up in series and it will be 8 ohm if the are SVC 4ohm subs. I can tell you how to do the entire setup based on the budget you give me or the equipment you have so let me know. Bump is correct in what he was saying also, you can do the car batt thing. Let me know.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”