For those of you with a GS and an amp....

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3man83

For those of you with a GS and an amp....

Post by mx3man83 »

Where do you run the amp power line through the firewall? Is there some small hole that i cant see or something?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
thebonestockkid

Re: For those of you with a GS and an amp....

Post by thebonestockkid »

its not really a hole, but its kinda like a plug that covers the hole, so you need to push it out somehow and put the power wire thru it, then set it back into place.. im pretty sure thats how i had mine done, i just got a friend to install my system. you should be able to see this "plug" like thing from the engine bay. lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

i ran mine just like thebonestockkid said in the previous post. Do it that way and you should have no problems
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

there is a grommet right behind the battery on the rs......if you can see it on the gs you be able to get it through....
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

On the GS mine at least there is a big *** hole on the passenger side of the vechile, if you wanna run it all the way across it was really easy to put in no cuttin or anything. Look for it.<p>BTW I have a 93 GS
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

with an auto u can put it through a square hole locate right behind the bar the gas pedle is connected to
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Thanks for the replys...I took a look this morning when it was light(last night it was dark as a mofo) and found that little plug/hole, should work out perfectly...also, I want to see what you all think of my plan....I want to bolt my amp for my subs onto the sub box, and run the RCA wire along the driver side under the little side runner thing and so on, and i want to run my power along the passenger side..sound good? And my amp for my regular speakers i want to put under my passenger seat, run my power wire for that one right next to the other one, run it under the carpet and into the amp...and i want to put the RCA cables right near the shifter, under the carpet, and into the amp...what do you all think?? Oh yeah, i took my subs in with the spec sheet to a local audio shop,and theyer building me a box that is meant just for my subs...im going to be picking it up on friday...Ill keep you all posted...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Thanks for the replys...I took a look this morning when it was light(last night it was dark as a mofo) and found that little plug/hole, should work out perfectly...also, I want to see what you all think of my plan....I want to bolt my amp for my subs onto the sub box, and run the RCA wire along the driver side under the little side runner thing and so on, and i want to run my power along the passenger side..sound good? And my amp for my regular speakers i want to put under my passenger seat, run my power wire for that one right next to the other one, run it under the carpet and into the amp...and i want to put the RCA cables right near the shifter, under the carpet, and into the amp...what do you all think?? Oh yeah, i took my subs in with the spec sheet to a local audio shop,and they're building me a box that is meant just for my subs...im going to be picking it up on friday...Ill keep you all posted...<hr></blockquote>
My Cardomain site
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

just make sure u run both power cables on the same side and both rcas on the opposite side
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i ran mine like the bonestalk kid but instead of just popping it out i drilled a hole into then ran the wire, then sealed the wires with sillicon (sp)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”