Pics of my competion system

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3optidrive

Pics of my competion system

Post by mx3optidrive »

check out the link to my cardomain page, page 11 and let me know what you think. This was all done by myself.<BR><A HREF="http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... 11&page=11" TARGET=_blank>new system</A>
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
BumpNGlow

Re: Pics of my competion system

Post by BumpNGlow »

that looks very nice. What's it made out of... get it metered yet? It doesn't seem like "competition" SPL, but it is a very nice install none the less.<P>I also like how your car is a darker red than the stock red. looks cool
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

looks more like a SQ (sound quality) set up
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Thanks for the comments. It is a SQ set up and it was metered at one of the shows and it hit 141.9db which isn't bad for a low powered SQ car I think. Keep the comments comming. :D
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

i gotta go check wat my 2 12's will hit im really curios
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I will have 2 12s by next year... anyone wanna try and guess how loud they will be.....<P>cuz 153.7 won't be s---(I hope) after I get those! :D!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

um, BumpNGlow, 153.7 isn't going to be easy to hit. with 2 L7 10s and a 3300 watt Viper Audio amp, i hit BARELY over 150. an L7 10 is comperable or above most round 12s. i'll gladly give you advice on how to do it, but i know it won't be easy. <P>ps - my shop's competition vehicle hits a lil' over 170 dB with 2 subs...
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

ok, so I was exaggerating a lil bit. With next year's setup, I will break my current high, but I doubt it BLOWS 153.7 away. And 170dBs w/ 2 subs is very impressive... any pictures? As is 2 10L7s hitting 150dbs, but I am not aware of a 3300 watt Viper amp... the largest I thought they made was 2500watts.<P>if you have AIM, hit me as BDogg2k3
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

why waist all that space with 3 10's when you can hit the same with a good 12"? i hit 140db at the cartoys db drags last year on my single infinity perfect 12. i used the 2000 IASCA competition cd track 10(?i think?).
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codyhoover:<BR><STRONG>why waist all that space with 3 10's when you can hit the same with a good 12"? i hit 140db at the cartoys db drags last year on my single infinity perfect 12. i used the 2000 IASCA competition cd track 10(?i think?).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How is he wasteing space with 3 10" subs? Imaging if he had 3 10" Infinity perfects, and 3 time the power you had, now who would be left in the dust.<P>Just because you hit 140 with 1 sub doens't mean your any better than him. In theory he has more cone area, and if he had the same power as you he would probably hit higher numbers. But it also has to do with box size, type of box and a bunch of other varibales.<P>Anyways nice set up man, looks realllllllll good.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I only have one sub, and I did a 150dB cody, now what?! j/p. I'm w/ Loudsubz, 3 10s is not a waste of space. In fact, that was one way I was gonna go w/ my stereo... 3 10s... 155+dBs :D!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

im gonna go with one 18<BR>hope its loud!!!
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

good god calm down! i said that because some people like to have some trumk space left. it wasnt ment as a dig. why the hell is everyone so damn touchy on this board. make a coment and you get jumped on like you just insulted there mother. <P><BR>and i'm proud of your 150db. i hope it helps you sleep at night.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codyhoover:<BR><STRONG>good god calm down! i said that because some people like to have some trumk space left. it wasnt ment as a dig. why the hell is everyone so damn touchy on this board. make a coment and you get jumped on like you just insulted there mother. <P><BR>and i'm proud of your 150db. i hope it helps you sleep at night.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>first off, ppl don't jump down anyone's throat on this board compared to others! If you wanna see a board that is always up at arms at ppl, go to StreetGlow. You say one thing and ppl will say the other and start a huge flame war about it. This board is rather calm compared to that board, which is what I like about this board.<P>And yes, the 150 does help me sleep at night... bass is my sleeping pill
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”