Speakers in the side backseat panals?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
SirCruizer

Speakers in the side backseat panals?

Post by SirCruizer »

Anyone tried this? I was lookin at my car again picturing different ideas. Then I was thinkin how sweet it would be to put some speakers in the side panals by the backseat. Its big enough you could put some 6X9s or similar.. Im not sure if its deep enough though or if it can be made deep enough. Has anyone tried this or done this and could tell me how?
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
BumpNGlow

Re: Speakers in the side backseat panals?

Post by BumpNGlow »

yah, I thought of this awhile ago too... and I found someone that has done it...<BR> Image <BR>I think it looks pretty nice, but it doesn't show what the grills look like.... check out the rest of his car here:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.sounddomain.com/id/redmx3" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sounddomain.com/id/redmx3</A> <P>gl and don't forget to post the end results
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Hey that's my car. It sounds a lot better. The panel is just made of red grill cloth, nothing too special but I didn't get pics yet, but I will update it soon.<BR>Jeff :)
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Awesome, now that I know it can be done, Im going to do it myself. Did you have to do any custom cutting into the medal or anything? Im thinkin of just putting some 6x9s back there... Just need to know its deep enough before tearing back in there and having to cut through the frame.
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I did have to cut a very little of the metal, like 1/2 inch or so, and then I made the pods for the 6.5's. If you are thinking of putting 6x9's in there and I am remembering correctly then the panels are more than deep enough for the speakers because I had to fill the panel with expanding foam to make an enclosure for my speakers because mine work better in a sealed enclosure and you should have the depth. If you decide to do the expanding foam thing only put a little in the panel at a time because if you put too much in it will expand a lot and cause the outside rear panel to bubble out. BE CAREFUL.<P>Good luck and post some pics when you are done.<BR>Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”