my alarm?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
marshmallow15

my alarm?

Post by marshmallow15 »

ok i did a search on this and could find nothing.<P>i noticed that my mx-3 rs has an alarm remote, alarm light on the dash cluster, and an alarm speaker *for the sirens and etc.*, but everytime i try to push the alarm button on the remote to arm it, it doesn't work. i know it's not the remote because it lights up when i push the button. i want to make use of this alarm too. anyone know what's wrong? maybe the alarm fuse?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Snowflake

Re: my alarm?

Post by Snowflake »

Hey Marshmellow...<BR>I might have an answer to your problem.<BR>When I bought my car it had a similar alarm system in it. Check to see if there is a switch (possibly by the hood pull underneath the steering wheel off to the left). The switch should be down for your alarm to work.<BR>I had another "blonde moment" for the first week or so of having my mx-3. The light on the remote will work and everything, but in order for you to arm your car the switch needs to be down. I'm not quite sure if this helps at all, but good luck! :)
Snowflake<BR>93 White MX-3 <BR>Chicks CAN drive!
marshmallow15

Re: my alarm?

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea i asked about that switch earlier last week because i didn't know what it was for, and some administrators said it was for an electrical bypass for the fusebox.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”