How to run wiring?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
dam2009

How to run wiring?

Post by dam2009 »

I've got an ampifier with a base tube ,,, anyways it's in my trunk and I gotta run 4 cables ... 2 to the battery and 2 (low input) to the cd player ... which way do I go? <BR>Thanks
loudsubz

Re: How to run wiring?

Post by loudsubz »

run power wire down the right side, and RCAs down the middle or left side.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Ok man ,<BR>Well subs is rught power wire on one side rca on other but im curious to know why 2 power wires to batt?You are'nt running you're remote wire to batt are you?
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

well I've got + and - wire ... I could probably stick the negative to the grund ... my instruction guide is f*ed .... I havent done that before can you guys tell me step by step what to do?...<BR>I tried few days ago.. I connected the + and - to the batteryand the 2 low imputs together but it didnt work so I just throw it went to grab a beer and that was it! how do I do that??? <BR>Thanks
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dam2009:<BR><STRONG>well I've got + and - wire ... I could probably stick the negative to the grund ... my instruction guide is f*ed .... I havent done that before can you guys tell me step by step what to do?...<BR>I tried few days ago.. I connected the + and - to the batteryand the 2 low imputs together but it didnt work so I just throw it went to grab a beer and that was it! how do I do that??? <BR>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What bass tube do you have? <BR>I believe you run the power(+) to the power(red) wire on the back of the deck, the same place you would put the remote wire on a regular amp. The negative(-) wire should be run to the ground(black) wire on the back of the deck also.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

DONT power the amp off the deck unless you wanna blow the fuses in the dash of burn up the stock wireing. ruan the amp its own power wire on one side if the car. ground it to the frame. and run th rcas on the other side or the middle of the car. then hook it up. red power to + black ground to - red rca to red rca and white rca to white rca(same on deck)
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Ok her is what you do <BR>run 12v+ to batt. Ground to frame of car, wire should be no longer than 3 feet.remote can be hooked up to power antena wire of the head unit if not supplied with amp turn on wire.Rca's in the back of deck u'r done.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”