Is CrimeStopper Alarms Any Good?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mazda20

Is CrimeStopper Alarms Any Good?

Post by mazda20 »

MY local shop here can put a crime stopper 2003 model in my car with auto door locks for $365.00 is this good or should I consider another brand or shop? <P>You're input is greatly appreciated.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
VizualXTC

Re: Is CrimeStopper Alarms Any Good?

Post by VizualXTC »

Crimestopper is a good alarm. You can go better (i.e <A HREF="http://www.clifford.com" TARGET=_blank>clifford</A>) but for the money, crimestopper is a really good alarm system.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
corona

Post by corona »

I did some search and crimestopper is a nice alarm, I bought one like a week ago and i'm about to get it install in, as soon as i can. Also the one i got is the one that come with a pager and all crap. But if you have the cash to spend i recommend clifford, to me thast the best. What Im going to do is buy a Dual-ZOne proximity sensor from clifford and connected to my alarm(the sensor is like $50usd) That way is like if I have a clifford Alarm. Get it? The proximity is clifford so as soon as people go near my it goes off. :D
"Its not how you stand beside your car, is how you race it"<BR> Ja-Rule
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

I've still got my Crimestopper alarm that I got installed in my 96 MX-3, a few days after I bought it new. <P>It's a generic company. Basic alarm system. Nothing too fancy. If money is an issue, then it will be fine. <P>I've been looking at getting a new alarm system, and I wanted Dual proximity sensors. But a few of my friends who work in the field have talked me out of it. They say proximity sensors cause FAR too many false alarms. They say a lot of people have had their proximity sensors REMOVED after a while, to avoid the headaches. Theoretically it's cool, but realistically it's not that useful :\
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

That is what I heard about those proximity sensors too, I went ahead and got the crimestopper 2003DC from what I hear is pretty good bang for your buck. I only had enough money to get the drivers side door manual locks done, but hopefully I will be able to get the other lock done soon. <P>Other than them cracking my dash when they installed it all went well.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

i love my proximity sensor! you just have to adjust it properly<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I bought a proximity Sensor but I do not know how to install it....Its a viper proximity sensor<p>~jay
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”