High Output Alternator

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
BumpNGlow

High Output Alternator

Post by BumpNGlow »

I need one...badly... the biggest I can get... I am putting in a 3000watt system in my MX3, and I need to keep the dimming to a minimal...<P>thx
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: High Output Alternator

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i can't remember if jc whitney has them, but search yahoo for em.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

3000 watt ehh.<P>What amps are you running.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

amps: 2 JBL 1200.1 and 1 JBL 2 channel amp(undecided) -- I estimate 3000 watts(rounded up to make way for the vast neons I will add also...)<P>I found this link on Auto Sound & Security's website... this tells me that the alt. exists: <A HREF="http://www.autosoundsecurityweb.com/arc ... es03.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.autosoundsecurityweb.com/arc ... 3.shtml</A>
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BumpNGlow:<BR><STRONG>amps: 2 JBL 1200.1 and 1 JBL 2 channel amp(undecided) -- I estimate 3000 watts(rounded up to make way for the vast neons I will add also...)<P>I found this link on Auto Sound & Security's website... this tells me that the alt. exists: <A HREF="http://www.autosoundsecurityweb.com/arc ... es03.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.autosoundsecurityweb.com/arc ... E><P>Check <A HREF="http://www.summitracing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.summitracing.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.jegs.com" TARGET=_blank>www.jegs.com</A> and maybe go to yout local auto parts store to check for them.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

You certanly will have a lot of power there. Is this for daily driving?<P>As for the alt, you can also check out Ebay. I looked for some alternators that were rewound on there and they had some mine.
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Don't forget a good Cap, otherwise your lights may dim a bit even if you have an alt with enough power.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Caps dotn work, get a couple of batteries, like Optima Red Top.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tk1138:<BR><STRONG>Don't forget a good Cap, otherwise your lights may dim a bit even if you have an alt with enough power.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't want to use any caps... Caps take power from your car and save it up for later (which is nice), but by the time you find your "sweet note" during a competition run, you have already used up all your reserves and its worthless then... or it could even be trying to restore itself while you are playing your note
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG>Caps dotn work, get a couple of batteries, like Optima Red Top.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can't use more than one battery in the competition class I intend to compete in. Also, more batteries do no good w/o a way to recharge them...
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Well at least upgrade your stock batt to a good one.<P>I dont know what you are gonna do, but running that much off of one battery is demanding ecspecially in a competiton. Most guys have like 2 batteries per amp for comp.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

forget the new ALT man, go for a dry cell battery set up, you will get more power in the long run and you will like it.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

if I just got my alternator rewound, how big of wire could I squeeze in there, and how much power would it give me?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”