Subs in Sub-trunk space?>

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Sonicxtacy02

Subs in Sub-trunk space?>

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I was wondering if anyone has explored setting up there subs in the sub-trunk space (where spare tire lies). I have 2 12" bazookas in a box that just takes up too much damn space and is too heavy (approx. 60lbs).
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
VizualXTC

Re: Subs in Sub-trunk space?>

Post by VizualXTC »

I havn't tried it in the MX-3 but my neighbor had a Civic HB. He built a board above the spare tire area and put a 26" sub in there. It sounded so good that he had his car broken into 5 times with peeps trying to get it but he had it hidden too good. I don't know what we could do with our MX-3's tho.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

26 inch Subs? Man ive seen subs like that at IASCA comps but never thought anyone would buy them? What kind of response do those have in a car stereo? I know alot of people wont even by 15s because of the response time. I cant even imagine the response time of a 26. This is kinda interesting to know how it works... Whats the freq. range?<P>------------------<BR>You haven't lived life untill you have lived it one second at a time!
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Well i started on the project last night. I've fit my two twelves on MDF board and cut to match the existing wood in the sub-trunk. 2 12's almost fit perfectly and it looks like i'll have enough air space to drive them. I was testing the sound and as soon as a sat the subs down in the space it sounded just as if i had them in my big sealed box (that weighs 45lbs without subs). I'll need to soundproof everything including behind the plastic, but i already have the hole down. I'll finish cutting holes in the board tonight and my polyfill will be in tomorrow. I should be able to let you know by this weekend the results!
Shaun Newman
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

He was just my neighbor. I don't know anything but what he had set up. This was like 6 years ago. It sounded nice as hell tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><B>Well i started on the project last night. I've fit my two twelves on MDF board and cut to match the existing wood in the sub-trunk. 2 12's almost fit perfectly and it looks like i'll have enough air space to drive them. I was testing the sound and as soon as a sat the subs down in the space it sounded just as if i had them in my big sealed box (that weighs 45lbs without subs). I'll need to soundproof everything including behind the plastic, but i already have the hole down. I'll finish cutting holes in the board tonight and my polyfill will be in tomorrow. I should be able to let you know by this weekend the results!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Also post pictures of it. I would LOVE to see how it looks. I bet it will look nice.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

well pics wont be pretty cause i'm just using mdf board for now. I wont pretty it up for awhile i figure. I did some testing with one sub hooked to my amp while in the area. Now i did have to do some tuning to the amp to make it sound right, but i got as much thump as i did with the two in the box as i'm getting with that one. The metal in the trunk is turning the area into a big resonator. I'll definitely have to get some dampener to get the rattles out and some polyfill to slow down the air, but its sounding damn good so far.
Shaun Newman
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

damn 26' whew, im stuck with 2 10's sounds koo, had no problems as of yet
KiSs My a$s......yEa
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Actually it was a 26" not a 26' that wouldn't even fit. LOL, just kidding dood.<P>Sonicxtacy02, I just wanna see the setup. With 1 and with both subs. Thanks<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”