Where do i ground my amp??

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bri94GS

Where do i ground my amp??

Post by Bri94GS »

I need some suggestions on where to ground my amp?? I'm out of ideas, and everwhere i seem to try doesn't work...thanks<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Re: Where do i ground my amp??

Post by Guest »

<p>[This message has been edited by SmaMitches (edited August 30, 2001).]
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I tried all the bolts that hold the seatbelts down, and whenever i tap my brakes, i can hear thumps in my subs....does that mean that they share the same ground or what??<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
mx3ADAM

Post by mx3ADAM »

i have a compition system in my 93' mx3 and i have bolted the ground to the rear drivers side seat belt bolt, and i t works grate, just make sure that all paint and grease of any kind is gone, only bare metal left.<P>i dont know why it woundt work for you??<P>oh well, good luck!!<P>mx3ADAM<BR>93' black/gs
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

ImageMy systems amp is grounded off the rear seat bolt. The bolts that hold the back reclining part to the car. It's fairly easy to get to and has worked great for me.<P>
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.

Post by Guest »

<p>[This message has been edited by SmaMitches (edited August 30, 2001).]
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Yep, this is the setup i have...here's the link:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ghetalion.com/users/twisted/setup.JPG" TARGET=_blank>www.ghetalion.com/users/twisted/setup.JPG</A> <P>I used a harness, didn't cut any of my stock wires..the stereo works fine if i don't plug in the amp or subs, all the high's sound normal<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
killem2

Post by killem2 »

Mine is grounded on a bolt under the shock tower just above where te back speakers are, if you take that off you see three if them i used one of those they are gold.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Go to your local home repair store and ask for a self tapping sheetmetal screw. Find a place on the body of the car, remove the carpeting and scrape away all the paint and junk to reveal the bare metal. Use the screw to tap a hole and ground it there. <P>Tip: the ground wire should be at least the diameter of the power wire, and should only be 1-1.5 feet long.<P>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

im running two amps in my car one of them is grounded on the drivers' seat rear bolt and it works fine, but i still havent figured out how the other amp is grounded??
KiSs My a$s......yEa
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

killem2 wrote:Mine is grounded on a bolt under the shock tower just above where te back speakers are, if you take that off you see three if them i used one of those they are gold.
Anyone knows where hes talking about. Im not quite sure. So you remove one of the rear speakers to get to this??
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Mazdaspeed96743 wrote:
killem2 wrote:Mine is grounded on a bolt under the shock tower just above where te back speakers are, if you take that off you see three if them i used one of those they are gold.
Anyone knows where hes talking about. Im not quite sure. So you remove one of the rear speakers to get to this??
Might be talking about the bolts that hold the rear seatbelt unit. When you take the rear speaker cover off, you'll see the seatbelt unit, you should figure out what he means.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

Im running 1200 rms(2800) peek concept amp...it has to much power....I just grouned mine where your rear seats bolt it....its realy close to your amp and has a good connection point and amazing ground....>Give it a try
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

:2thumbsup: Okay thanks guys I had my amp ground bolted behind the passenger seat belt bolt and I decided that I wanted to put the amplifier in the trunk now . for a reward=

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=43312
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

:bump: OK if you are grounding to your seat belt. That seat belt is connected to the seat right. If so that seat isn't metal! If you are wanting a good ground you ground that bastard to your frame. Or just say screw it and ground it directly to your battery. I grounded my amp in the trunk on one of the jack mounting bolts. I scraped away some of the paint and screwed the bolt on with the wire. You will get the best ground if its to the battery but the second best is to the frame of the car. Not a seat belt screw that wont work as good.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”