'93 gs special edition

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
baseballandmx34life

'93 gs special edition

Post by baseballandmx34life »

is the '93 a special edition in the U.S. too? or just celebrating in Canada. Also do ALL the '93 special editions have a 2.5l v6?
David Coleman

Re: '93 gs special edition

Post by David Coleman »

<A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/se/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/se/</A> <P>The only MX-3's with 2.5L are the ones that the owners replaced the motor in them.<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
baseballandmx34life

the one im looking at buying right now is blue...so im guessing they didnt make the special edition in blue. its a gs so it still has the 1.8l. think it can outbeat my friends honda with a 2l 4cyl...prolly a stupid question.....? my main concern is if it is faster than my 2.8l v6 camaro...both cars are automatic...
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Well its definetly faster than the camaro. But I think thoughs three were not the only colors that they came in, my first SE was a metallic blue/greenish color. But I think the dealer might have re-painted it (It was the dealer show car) But their are a few in the US (I've owned 2 now). But their as hard to find as an honest dealer.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Its not faster than the camero, the Camero has 200hp stock just for the v6 model(non z28). And the stock se has 135. Ive seen several GS's race camero's. And they loose every time. <P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
baseballandmx34life

I dunno Barry. According to every magazine ive looked at, every site i've been too. The '89 RS only has 135...i think mine is pushing 145...MAYBE. There is no way mine is 200...its only a 2.8l and a camaro is a big car. The only way is to have my dad drive the camaro, me in the mx-3, and find out which is faster. My main concern over all this was basically if a automatic mx-3 could keep up with a 5-speed mx-3. I just really wanna know the difference in times between the two...say in 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. Although i want a 5-speed the auto is my only choice in the area right now.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Trust me, I've owned both, the comaro is way heavier than the MX-3 with poor acceleration, and theirs no way my V6 camaro had 200hp, My V8 Formula Firebird only had 300 with and aftermarket engine (5.7L ZZ4), S&P TPI, and a racing exaust. I'd have been lucky to pull an 19sec 1/4 mile whith that V6 peace of junk.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
jonnybpimpin

Post by jonnybpimpin »

They say that they only made them in black, red, and some purple metalic colour. <BR>i have only seen them in that purple.<BR>if i ever got one. i would paint it right away !

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”