think about this

Off-Topic Discussions
plusinfinit

think about this

Post by plusinfinit »

I was surfing on a toyota supra web page and there was written: " why invest 10K in a civic to make it fas , when that car was not built to go fast" I started thinking about my mx-3 and about how right this guy might actualy be.
StPapp
kuruption1983

Re: think about this

Post by kuruption1983 »

He is 1100% right, thats the point i got to when i lost several grands on playing around with MX3s pointlessly, and finally i decided that you know what. fu(k, if i want a nice looking fast car, i will go ahead and buy one, not some 8-12 y/o car that has been beaten in the previous years of its life and everything has been rusted and seized in the sucky toronto's weather and salt. The amount that you spend during the life of the car for fixing and stuff can pay for the payments of a good car. :p
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

it all depends on what you like. i mean some people like the styling of the mx but crave the power, while others are given a car and work with what they got. cause gettin a newer car usually means paying high insurance. so its really up to you, ive had to drive a rsx type -s from here to key west and really wasnt that impressed for the price that the car cost. its all about what makes you happy at the end of the day
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Originally posted by kuruption1983:
He is 1100% right, thats the point i got to when i lost several grands on playing around with MX3s pointlessly, and finally i decided that you know what. fu(k, if i want a nice looking fast car, i will go ahead and buy one, not some 8-12 y/o car that has been beaten in the previous years of its life and everything has been rusted and seized in the sucky toronto's weather and salt. The amount that you spend during the life of the car for fixing and stuff can pay for the payments of a good car. :p
Great so why r u on mx-3.com? Also a klze can spank yo *** for a 1/5 of the cost (So don't call your car fast) :freak:
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Man smarten up Ayaz or whatever. A RSX type S is 100 times better then a mx-3. I dont care what you have done to it.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

how is it better? compare prices or new rsx "type s' to mx3, and for price of rsx you can have way faster car than rsx, not dissing rsx, but its not what id buy,

i have mx3, its pretty fast for 11 y/o car, and will spank any car of its class out there and many new cars, its not very fast, but fast enough. Then i got urge to have faster car than mx3 but to make mx3 fast yes you have to have some cash, so i bought '68 dodge charger R/T with 440, car runs high 13's stock, and that car is around 4K lbs. now thats fast if youre honda driver i guess. but not fast enough for me so thats why im throwing all bolts ons on that 440 till im financially ready to take it out and build up bottom end up for blower. for less than 1/2 of that rsx i can have car thats is at least mid 10 sec car, so go figure, its your choice what to buy.....
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

1/4 mile isnt everything
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

i agree.. i mean, either way you want a car fit to your liking. the rsx has all the fun goodies of a new car, and a different style. it however costs like 5 times as much as an mx3. you spend a whole lot more on the car itself, and THEN spend about the same maybe a bit less on mods. i'd say, either way u can have a kickass car but its all about money and personal prefferences. good luck man PS buy an s2000!! lol
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

blaaa on s2000!! ya they are fun to drive but im 6'2 and gettin in and out of that car is a ******. something like that is a factor when buying a car, even though the mx3 is small its very comfortable. but not to shyt ya a mini is hella comfotable, i though it be like a circus clown car but it isnt, very roomy
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

civic and mx-3 are 2 different types of cars, the civic is your familly car or the grovery go-getter for the hatckback....while the mx-3 is actually a sport compact..so the mx-3 was made to go fast, but in an economical way :D

I enjoy spending money on my car to make it go fast, and other stuff...i've learned sooo much stuff that i would have never known if i would have just opened up my wallet and bought a fast car

I dont know if it was a type s, but i did beat a white rsx dragging during the summer, and have the video to prove it
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
I dont know if it was a type s, but i did beat a white rsx dragging during the summer, and have the video to prove it
I wrote a big write up but lets just say, its absolutely impossible to beat an RSX specially a type-S unless the drivers are on some serious crack and most of them dont know that the power comes in high RPMs and how to use that power. And to respond to the other comment, at the end it all comes to your pocket and preferences in life. Everyone lives a totally different life. (I dont wanna stretch this too much, so lets just keep it at this) :p
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You have 1/4 mile times on rsxs? I did a quick search and im finding most type s's are doing mid-to-high 14's, but a few in the low 14's, and non type s's mid 15's

Motorweek lists the type s as a 15.4sec car
http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2046.shtml

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/rsx.html

http://www.seattlersx.com/board/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11

I dont wanna argue with ya, but most rsx times i've seen are running pretty much as par with a ZE'd mx-3. I've come across one guy that said that his did 14flat, but 99% of the others are high 14's and even in the 15's
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I will email you full threads about how simple ECU upgrades and CAI and exhaust can improve 1/4 mile drastically. Continue on with the main topic, sorry for speaking off-topic. :p
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

sweet, that info would be great!

Return to “Off-Topic”