MOH Rising Sun for PS2

Off-Topic Discussions
Spydie

MOH Rising Sun for PS2

Post by Spydie »

Just picked up Medal of Honor 'Rising Sun' today. It just came out yesterday. So far very cool game. Not much difference from Frontline, controls are a bit different, has a story, better graphics, more versitile with bonus missions, ability to use more weapons, shoot down planes etc. and the dialogue is great. Another chapter of WWII comes to life. MOH fans be sure to get this one.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
992mmx3

Re: MOH Rising Sun for PS2

Post by 992mmx3 »

Darren, I totally just bought this game too, lol. It's awesome, way more features then on Frontline. I'm loving the 1-2 player campaign mode, and the 1-4 multitap abilities, though I'll probably never get the chance to use the network capabilities.

Like most EA games, it's awesome, and I'm totally hooked.

BTW, are you able to get the first film canister on the very first level in the post office on the California? I can't seem to get past the net or the bookshelves...what gives?? :crying:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

you need to find the hatchet.
I finnished the game the day before yesterday.
Disappointed it went so fast....but there's alot of cool things about the game. Like riding the elephant with the machine gun on it.
Another tip at one point in the game you'll find a trench shovel....when you're on the supercarrier (near end of game) look for the locker that's a slightly different colour than the rest and use the shovel....you get a bonus. So far I've been able to earn 2.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by Darren Hyderman:
you need to find the hatchet.
Disappointed it went so fast....but there's alot of cool things about the game. Like riding the elephant with the machine gun on it.
Another tip at one point in the game you'll find a trench shovel....when you're on the supercarrier (near end of game) look for the locker that's a slightly different colour than the rest and use the shovel....you get a bonus. So far I've been able to earn 2.
The hatchet?? Gah...you're a genious, now I can't wait to get home and do this, lol!!

I'm definitely keeping those hints in mind, this game is so addictive, lol.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Spydie

Post by Spydie »

there's actually 2 bonuses in the 1st mission....I found them totally by accident so I'll have to do it again to see what I did.
I'm not even sure what the film canisters are supposed to do. But for mission 1 I got a Skeleton Key and a medal. And I earned bullet proof and unlimited ammo cheats. You should get yourself a PS2 ethernet adaptor and play online with me.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

Originally posted by 992mmx3:
[qb]you need to find the hatchet.
Another tip at one point in the game you'll find a trench shovel....when you're on the supercarrier (near end of game) look for the locker that's a slightly different colour than the rest and use the shovel....you get a bonus. So far I've been able to ea
The hatchet?? Gah...you're a genious, now I can't wait to get home and do this, lol!!

my bad....it's a machette not a hatchet.
You use the machette in the search for gold level as well. Anyway....one of the other bonus bits in level 1 is when you see the sailor get his face burned off from the steam pipe and he screams and falls to the ground writhing in agony stand over him and use the shovel....I dunno I guess you're putting him out of his misery by beating him with it or something....but you get a reward.

<small>[ November 18, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

has anyone beat moh2 yet? i beat moh1 but was dissapointed from the ending. im hoping this one has a better ending. and there's a 2-player campaign mode?!?!
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

yes I beat the game....but the ending gave hints that there is an alternate ending if you complete ALL bonus missions and find ALL the secrets, so I'm going through it again. But even the bad ending that I got was better than the ending in frontline.
You can play 2 players at the same time or multitap up to 4 players and even play online.

<small>[ November 19, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by 992mmx3:
[qb]you need to find the hatchet.
Another tip at one point in the game you'll find a trench shovel....when you're on the supercarrier (near end of game) look for the locker that's a slightly different colour than the rest and use the shovel....you get a bonus. So far I've been able to ea

my bad....it's a machette not a hatchet.
You use the machette in the search for gold level as well. Anyway....one of the other bonus bits in level 1 is when you see the sailor get his face burned off from the steam pipe and he screams and falls to the ground writhing in agony stand over him and use the shovel....I dunno I guess you're putting him out of his misery by beating him with it or something....but you get a reward.
Where's the machete at?? And where is this shovel too? I can't find anything, gah!!

There were 2 bonuses that I did, I got one video tape so far, then put out a fire, and helped close a hatch with some dude.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Spydie

Post by Spydie »

the shovel is found in the "Search for Yama****as Gold" level by placing the lotus flower on the pedistal in front of the giant budah statue. A door opens and the shovel is in there. You then have to replay level one. The Machette....damn I can't remember exactly where I found it....but I think it's in the Singapore Sling. The bonuses I meant were unlimited ammo and Invincibility.....I also earned Invisible Soldiers which makes all the enemy invisible except for their guns and helmets....no real purpose but makes shooting them VERY hard. And I used a skeleton key to get the Navy General skin for online play.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

oh okay, I'll have to look for those items, thanks for the hints. I was looking for a hatchet for a little while last night on the ship, that's weird they seperated the levels like that though, oh well. I did however get that skin using the key while searching for the hatchet, so it was actually a really good thing. :)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Spydie

Post by Spydie »

Originally posted by marshmallow15:
has anyone beat moh2 yet? i beat moh1 but was dissapointed from the ending. im hoping this one has a better ending. and there's a 2-player campaign mode?!?!
actually Rising Sun is the 4th or 5th installment.
There is also MOH Pacific Assault, MOH Allied Assault, and MOH Spearhead.

<small>[ November 19, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Bringing this back from the dead, lol. Darren or others. I don't know if you've played 4 player vs. 4 bots yet but it's absolutely awesome...and addicting, lol.

I played with some friends for about a good 3 hrs. the other day. I love the 1-4 player capabilites, yay! :freak:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Spydie

Post by Spydie »

actually no I haven't tried multiplayer yet....actually I haven't played the game for awhile now....been hammering away at Dark Cloud 2
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

back to life.....again.
I tried 2 player and that was fun.

How the crap do you earn medals in this game.
I got ALL film canisters, all the cheats earned, and I still only got 1 medal.
BTW if you earn "perfectionist" mode give it a try.
WHOA......damn hard. enemies kill you with 1 hit.

Return to “Off-Topic”