Super charged Celica GTS

Off-Topic Discussions
mx3man83

Super charged Celica GTS

Post by mx3man83 »

My friend came in from SD to get his super charger installed here in Tucson. I forget which company it was, but they sent 2 tuner guys here from Japan just to install supercharger's on 3 GTS's. That thing is awesome. It pulls like crazy all the way through the RPM's, instead of just when it hits lift in the higher RPMs. Also, the super charger has an awesome whine to it, it makes me think of an alien screaming(kind of weird analogy but its true). I was telling him to go turbo so he could have the blow off valve sound(not to mention the turbo adds more horses than the super charger) but after i heard the super charger, the blow off valve sound is definitely not missed!! Cost=$6,000 dollars total. The kit included an intercooler, stand along FMU, and everything else needed for a super charger. He is currently running 6 pounds of boost. Pretty cool huh?<p>[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Aaron MacDougall

Re: Super charged Celica GTS

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

6000 for only 6 pounds of boost? ack.<p>Please tell me he can easily/cheaply upgrade to smaller pullys heh. Believe me one thing i love hearing is the whistle of a turbocharger. When my friend tramps on his grand national you can't even hear the engine...nothing but turbo.
mx3man83

Re: Super charged Celica GTS

Post by mx3man83 »

well he's going to get a smaller pulley when they come out with one. The supercharger kit is brand new so there isnt many upgrades available yet. It's from a company called "trial", out of Japan.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “Off-Topic”