Alien and Predator fans

Off-Topic Discussions
Dephekt

Alien and Predator fans

Post by Dephekt »

To anyone who likes the Alien saga or the Predator movies. Here is some tidbits to get your mouth watering. Fox has greenlighted the "Aliens Vs. Predator" movie. With Paul Anderson (Event Horizon, Resident Evil) to direct. Now...this is going to either be very good, or very bad...Fox's main goal is just a money milker. So probably a lot of explosions, special effects, lots of lame CGI aliens (the models look a lot more "real") and cheesy stuff. I personally dont think Anderson is right the person to direct such a huge undertaking. He's got a lot of pressure to make this good...VERY GOOD. <p>And here is another tidbit.....James Cameron (Terminators, Titanic, Aliens) said he would write and direct another Alien film if Fox dropped AvP. Now...if Cameron did another Alien movie, GOOD GOD would it be amazing, it would definately bring the series back after the pitiful "Resurrection". And also.....James and Ridley Scott (Blade Runner, Alien, Black Hawk Down) have been talking about doing an Alien film together. Now...if talks go through, this film would just be godly. With Scott directing and Cameron writing and producing. This is all from very credable sources, including Fox, and I cant wait to see what happens......
NateDog

Re: Alien and Predator fans

Post by NateDog »

all i have to say is wow! i love both thoes movies. even thought they were not the greatest. i have every aliens movie they made all 4 of them and the first predator movie. im still looking for predator 2. i really would like to see a predator 3 or aliens 5 eather way a AvP would be killer. i would go see it even if it sucked. im going to see 2fast and 2ferious it cant possable be worse than that movie is going to be.
Dephekt

Re: Alien and Predator fans

Post by Dephekt »

Actually.....now Cameron is thinking about doing an Alien movie for sure...But he wouldnt be directing, only writing and producing, but hey, the writer is basically what makes the movie good or bad, and I have lots of faith in Cameron to make it good. <p>Yeah, I'm gonna go see 2 Fast too. I personally thinks it looks better than the first. It seems to be more "real" if you know what I mean. The characters in the first filmed seemed like they were taken out of a damn comic book. And 2 Fast has a no Vin Diesel and a new director, so anything can happen. I have my hopes up for it to be a pretty cool flick though.

Return to “Off-Topic”