Dash lights

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
2fazed
Supporting Member

Dash lights

Post by 2fazed »

I recently reinstalled my Kenwood deck, a couple days later my dash lights and tail lights were off. I took my deck out, my tail lights came back but not the dash lights. I taped every wire I could find in the stereo compartment, thinking it might be connected to something or touching, still no dash lights. Anybody might know what I could try before I have to take it into an Electrical repair shop.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
pizzamr2

Re: Dash lights

Post by pizzamr2 »

maybe one of your wires is exposed, and when it touches the metal behind your deck, it shorts out for that time.
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

make sure you did not connect the red or red/black wire. those are part of the interior light system and are not needed in an aftermarket stereo. check and replace if necessary the radio fuse, bottom right fuse, to see if the dash lights come back on.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I taped up three black, two red with blace lines, and I think the other two blue wires, I'm only using the two wires from the stereo compartment, for the memory and stereo power, I separately ran a ground wire, cause I know if you don't use that exact ground wire, my tail and dash lights go out. I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure I taped all of them up.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

this post should probably be in the stereo section but anyways. Here is a link to another post which will help you identify the correct wires required for the stereo. <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 8&t=000432" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =000432</A> <P>you can also check the online manual for this.<BR>sounds like you have a weird problem. <BR>hope you get it sorted
saiyajin

Post by saiyajin »

umm did u try checking the fuse that controls the dash? Also when mine blew, the guy told me it was a seperate wire that was slightly behind everything else and was touching metal, try and dig a lil deeper and look for any other wires that might be exposed

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”